Skip to content
-
Subscribe to our newsletter & never miss our best posts. Subscribe Now!
  • Facebook
  • Twitter / X
  • Instagram
  • Youtube
BhaskarLive.in Bhaskar Live

Bhaskar English News

BhaskarLive.in Bhaskar Live

Bhaskar English News

  • TOP NEWS
  • NATIONAL
  • WORLD
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • BUSINESS
  • SCIENCE
  • HEALTH
  • SPORTS
  • TOP NEWS
  • NATIONAL
  • WORLD
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • BUSINESS
  • SCIENCE
  • HEALTH
  • SPORTS
Subscribe
Close

Search

EDUCATION

World leaders condemn Pakistan airstrikes in Afghanistan, call for restraint

By IANS
June 30, 2026 3 Min Read

Kabul, June 30 (IANS) Several world leaders and the global community condemned the Pakistani military airstrikes carried out in Afghanistan’s provinces of Paktia, Paktika, and Kunar, killing and injuring several civilians, including women and children.

The remarks came after Taliban Deputy Spokesman Hamdullah Fitrat on Monday confirmed that airstrikes carried out on the night of June 28 in the Afghan provinces by Pakistani military resulted in the death of 36 civilians and injuries to 163 others as well as the complete destruction of three residential houses.

Expressing grave concern over the latest violence between Afghanistan and Pakistan that resulted in civilian casualties, the United Nations Secretary-General Antonio Guterres called for an immediate cessation of hostilities and the protection of civilians.

“The Secretary-General reiterates his call on the parties to resolve their differences through diplomacy. We continue to call on all parties to uphold their obligations under international humanitarian law and continue to stress that civilians and civilian infrastructure must be protected at all times,” said Stephane Dujarric, the spokesperson for the UN Secretary-General, during a press briefing.

Meanwhile, the United Nations Assistance Mission in Afghanistan (UNAMA) confirmed that dozens of civilians, including women and children, were killed and injured during the Pakistani airstrikes in three Afghan provinces.

“UNAMA reiterates its call for respect for the international humanitarian law principles of precaution, distinction and proportionality to protect civilians from harm. We offer our condolences to the families of the victims and wish a speedy recovery for the injured,” the UN mission said in a statement.

Following the attack, the European Union (EU) called for immediate de-escalation and restraint, stressing the need to protect civilians and ensure adherence to international humanitarian law.

Taking to his social media platform X, Anouar El Anouni, the European Union’s spokesman for foreign affairs, said, “The EU calls for full protection of civilians after airstrikes in Kunar, Paktia and Paktika resulted in civilian casualties. International humanitarian law must be respected at all times. We call for immediate de-escalation and restraint.”

Richard Bennett, the UN Special Rapporteur on the situation of human rights in Afghanistan, voiced concerns over the civilian casualties, including women and children, during Pakistani airstrikes in Afghan provinces, while calling for restraint and civilian protection.

“Disturbed by civcas, incl. women & children, in Pakistan’s airstrikes in Paktia, Paktika & Kunar provinces, Afghanistan. Condolences to those affected. Pakistan’s security concerns must be addressed in accordance with int. law. I urge restraint, civilian protection & accountability,” he posted on X.

Condemning the attacks, Richard Lindsay, the United Kingdom’s special envoy to Afghanistan, took to X and posted: “Deeply concerned by the ongoing violence in Afghanistan and Pakistan and the continued, tragic loss of life. We condemn all forms of terrorism. We urge adherence to international humanitarian law and protection of civilians and reiterate calls to de-escalate.”

Earlier on Monday, the Afghan Ministry of Foreign Affairs summoned the Chargé d’Affaires of the Embassy of Pakistan in Kabul and conveyed its strong and unequivocal protest regarding the violation of Afghanistan’s airspace and the aerial bombardment of civilian homes in Kunar, Paktia, and Paktika provinces.

“The Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan deems these attacks a flagrant violation of international law, humanitarian law, and the sovereign integrity of states and condemns them in the strongest possible terms. This is not the first instance in which Pakistan’s military regime has, in the absence of any credible evidence or substantiation, attributed security incidents, explosions, and attacks occurring hundreds of kilometres away from the Durand Line in various cities and other impregnable areas of Pakistan,” read a statement issued by the Ministry.

“Rather, over the past several years, it has sought to obscure its own security and political failures by advancing unfounded allegations against Afghanistan and attempting to externalise its challenges. It has repeatedly pursued the failed policy of addressing these issues through the use of force and military aggression,” it added.

–IANS

scor/rs

Tags:

NEWS
Author

IANS

Follow Me
Other Articles
Previous

Eisha Singh highlights lack of autism awareness, says ‘Autism is not a disease’

Next

Kunal Kemmu on the pressure of being Sharmila Tagore’s son-in-law: Never let it affect my craft

Search

News Categories

  • BUSINESS
  • EDUCATION
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • FINANCE
  • HEALTH AND MEDICINE
  • INTERNATIONAL
  • NATIONAL
  • SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
  • SPORTS
  • TOP NEWS

About us

Bhaskar Live (bhaskarlive.in) is an English-language digital news portal that provides real-time coverage of national and international news, focusing on India-centric stories with a mix of original reporting and syndicated content. Launched in 2016, it serves as the English arm of the Dainik Bhaskar Group, one of India's largest media conglomerates known primarily for its Hindi-language newspaper, Dainik Bhaskar. The site is owned by Bhaskar Prakashan Pvt. Ltd.,

Terms of use

By accessing BhaskarLive.in, you agree to these Terms. This site provides news and information for personal, non-commercial use only. All content is copyrighted; reproduction requires written permission. You must not post unlawful, defamatory, or infringing material. We disclaim all warranties; content is provided "as is" without guarantees of accuracy. BhaskarLive.in is not liable for any damages from use. These Terms are governed by Madhya Pradesh law. We may update them anytime—continued use implies acceptance. Contact: bhaskarlive2019@gmail.com.

Disclaimer

This news is automatically published via auto feeds. No changes or modifications (editing) of any kind have been made to this news by the bhaskarlive.in team. The entire responsibility for this news and the materials used in it lies solely with the news agency. Before using the information provided in this news, please consult experts in the relevant field (lawyer / engineer / astrologer / vastu expert / doctor / news agency / other subject experts). Therefore, bhaskarlive.in news portal bears no responsibility for the related news and the text matter, photos, videos, and audio used.

Advertise with us

Email: bhaskarlive2019@gmail.com
Mobile: +91 - 9770324452
WhatsApp: +91 - 9424358037

Contact us

Bhaskar Prakashan Pvt. Ltd.
Email: bhaskarlive2019@gmail.com
Mobile: +91 - 9770324452
WhatsApp: +91 - 9424358037
Address: Bishambhar Bhavan, 18, Civic Centre, Jabalpur- 482002, Madhya Pradesh, India - 482004
Copyright 2026 — Bhaskar Live. All rights reserved.
richard casino login
Winomania Casino website
casino avantgarde