Skip to content
-
Subscribe to our newsletter & never miss our best posts. Subscribe Now!
  • Facebook
  • Twitter / X
  • Instagram
  • Youtube
BhaskarLive.in Bhaskar Live

Bhaskar English News

BhaskarLive.in Bhaskar Live

Bhaskar English News

  • TOP NEWS
  • NATIONAL
  • WORLD
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • BUSINESS
  • SCIENCE
  • HEALTH
  • SPORTS
  • TOP NEWS
  • NATIONAL
  • WORLD
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • BUSINESS
  • SCIENCE
  • HEALTH
  • SPORTS
Subscribe
Close

Search

EDUCATION

US conducts additional strikes on Iran after latest commercial ship attack

By IANS
June 28, 2026 2 Min Read

Washington, June 28 (IANS) The United States carried out additional military strikes against multiple Iranian targets on Saturday after Tehran allegedly launched another drone attack on a commercial oil tanker near the Strait of Hormuz, according to US Central Command (CENTCOM).

The latest action came a day after US forces conducted retaliatory strikes following what Washington described as an Iranian attack on the commercial vessel M/V Ever Lovely. US officials said Iran was given an opportunity to abide by a ceasefire agreement but instead escalated the situation with another strike on a tanker transiting one of the world’s most critical maritime trade routes.

In an official statement posted on X, CENTCOM said, “US Central Command (CENTCOM) forces conducted additional strikes against multiple targets in Iran, June 27, at the Commander in Chief’s direction.”

The command added that Iran had been given “a chance to honor the ceasefire agreement” following Friday’s US response but “elected not to when its forces launched a one-way attack drone that hit M/T Kiku this morning at 4:30 a.m. ET.”

According to CENTCOM, the Panama-flagged tanker was carrying more than two million barrels of crude oil while transiting near the Strait of Hormuz at the time of the attack.

Describing the objectives of the latest operation, CENTCOM said, “CENTCOM forces launched strikes today in direct response to continued Iranian aggression against commercial shipping. US military aircraft targeted Iranian military surveillance infrastructure, communication systems, air defense sites, drone storage facilities, and minelayer capabilities.”

In a separate post, the command also disclosed that “US Navy and Air Force fighter jets conducted strikes tonight on 10 Iranian military targets at multiple locations in and near the Strait of Hormuz for Iran’s drone attack on M/T Kiku.”

The latest military action marks another escalation in tensions between Washington and Tehran, with the United States stating that the strikes were intended to degrade Iran’s ability to threaten international shipping in the region.

Despite the heightened military activity, CENTCOM said commercial shipping continues through the vital waterway.

“Commercial vessel transits through the Strait of Hormuz continue. US forces remain vigilant, lethal, and ready,” the statement concluded.

The Strait of Hormuz is one of the world’s busiest energy corridors, handling a significant share of global oil exports, making any disruption to maritime traffic a major concern for international markets and regional security.

–IANS

rs/

Tags:

NEWS
Author

IANS

Follow Me
Other Articles
Previous

Venezuela quake death toll rises to 1,430

Next

FIFA WC: Bellingham, Kane secure top spot for England in Group L

Search

News Categories

  • BUSINESS
  • EDUCATION
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • FINANCE
  • HEALTH AND MEDICINE
  • INTERNATIONAL
  • NATIONAL
  • SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
  • SPORTS
  • TOP NEWS

About us

Bhaskar Live (bhaskarlive.in) is an English-language digital news portal that provides real-time coverage of national and international news, focusing on India-centric stories with a mix of original reporting and syndicated content. Launched in 2016, it serves as the English arm of the Dainik Bhaskar Group, one of India's largest media conglomerates known primarily for its Hindi-language newspaper, Dainik Bhaskar. The site is owned by Bhaskar Prakashan Pvt. Ltd.,

Terms of use

By accessing BhaskarLive.in, you agree to these Terms. This site provides news and information for personal, non-commercial use only. All content is copyrighted; reproduction requires written permission. You must not post unlawful, defamatory, or infringing material. We disclaim all warranties; content is provided "as is" without guarantees of accuracy. BhaskarLive.in is not liable for any damages from use. These Terms are governed by Madhya Pradesh law. We may update them anytime—continued use implies acceptance. Contact: bhaskarlive2019@gmail.com.

Disclaimer

This news is automatically published via auto feeds. No changes or modifications (editing) of any kind have been made to this news by the bhaskarlive.in team. The entire responsibility for this news and the materials used in it lies solely with the news agency. Before using the information provided in this news, please consult experts in the relevant field (lawyer / engineer / astrologer / vastu expert / doctor / news agency / other subject experts). Therefore, bhaskarlive.in news portal bears no responsibility for the related news and the text matter, photos, videos, and audio used.

Advertise with us

Email: bhaskarlive2019@gmail.com
Mobile: +91 - 9770324452
WhatsApp: +91 - 9424358037

Contact us

Bhaskar Prakashan Pvt. Ltd.
Email: bhaskarlive2019@gmail.com
Mobile: +91 - 9770324452
WhatsApp: +91 - 9424358037
Address: Bishambhar Bhavan, 18, Civic Centre, Jabalpur- 482002, Madhya Pradesh, India - 482004
Copyright 2026 — Bhaskar Live. All rights reserved.
richard casino login
Winomania Casino website
casino avantgarde