Skip to content
-
Subscribe to our newsletter & never miss our best posts. Subscribe Now!
  • Facebook
  • Twitter / X
  • Instagram
  • Youtube
BhaskarLive.in Bhaskar Live

Bhaskar English News

BhaskarLive.in Bhaskar Live

Bhaskar English News

  • TOP NEWS
  • NATIONAL
  • WORLD
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • BUSINESS
  • SCIENCE
  • HEALTH
  • SPORTS
  • TOP NEWS
  • NATIONAL
  • WORLD
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • BUSINESS
  • SCIENCE
  • HEALTH
  • SPORTS
Subscribe
Close

Search

EDUCATION

Six burnt alive, 2 die of injuries in bus-trailer collision on Delhi-Mumbai Expressway in Rajasthan

By Bhaskar Live
July 1, 2026 2 Min Read

Jaipur, July 1 (IANS) At least eight people were killed and 21 others injured after a sleeper bus collided with a trailer and caught fire on the Delhi-Mumbai Expressway in Rajasthan’s Dausa district in the early hours of Wednesday. Six of the victims were reportedly burnt alive, while two died of head injuries sustained in the crash.

The accident occurred around 2:30 a.m. near Zero Point in the Tanawad area under Kolwa police station limits.

According to Dausa Superintendent of Police Piyush Dixit, the bus was travelling from Rishikesh to Indore when it rammed into a trailer moving ahead at high speed.

The impact triggered a massive fire that engulfed both vehicles within minutes. Police said the blaze spread rapidly through the sleeper coach, trapping several passengers inside and making rescue operations extremely difficult.

Twenty-one injured passengers, including children, were shifted to Dausa District Hospital, where many are undergoing treatment for burn injuries and trauma. Preliminary investigations suggest the bus driver may have dozed off before the collision, although the exact cause of the accident and the subsequent fire remains under investigation.

Amid the investigation, local residents alleged that the bus’s luggage compartment contained cartons of cigarettes, which may have intensified the fire.

A local villager who participated in the rescue efforts claimed that several boxes of cigarette packets were found in the storage compartment while locals were attempting to douse the flames.

Police have not officially confirmed the presence of cigarette cartons and said the claim is being examined as part of the ongoing investigation.

Survivors and local residents alleged that emergency response teams reached the accident site late.

According to passengers, nearby villagers began rescuing those trapped inside the burning bus before ambulances and fire brigade personnel arrived.

Locals also claimed that the fire brigade arrived after a delay, by which time the bus had been engulfed in flames, and several passengers had already succumbed to the fire.

Officials said both the sleeper bus and the trailer were completely destroyed in the blaze. Following the fire, traffic on both sides of the Delhi-Mumbai Expressway remained suspended for nearly an hour before the charred vehicles were removed and traffic restored.

Authorities have launched a detailed investigation into the circumstances leading to the collision, the cause of the fire, and allegations regarding the cargo carried in the bus.

Meanwhile, former Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot has expressed condolences to the bereaved families. “The news of the tragic road accident on the Delhi-Mumbai Expressway in Dausa district, which claimed several lives, is deeply saddening. I extend my heartfelt condolences to the families of the deceased. May God grant them strength during this difficult time and bestow peace upon the departed souls. I wish the injured a speedy recovery,” he said

–IANS

arc/dpb

Tags:

NEWS
Author

Bhaskar Live

Follow Me
Other Articles
Previous

US lawmakers urge action on China law

Next

UP CM Yogi takes cognisance of Unnao road accident, assures assistance

Search

News Categories

  • BUSINESS
  • EDUCATION
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • FINANCE
  • HEALTH AND MEDICINE
  • INTERNATIONAL
  • NATIONAL
  • SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
  • SPORTS
  • TOP NEWS

About us

Bhaskar Live (bhaskarlive.in) is an English-language digital news portal that provides real-time coverage of national and international news, focusing on India-centric stories with a mix of original reporting and syndicated content. Launched in 2016, it serves as the English arm of the Dainik Bhaskar Group, one of India's largest media conglomerates known primarily for its Hindi-language newspaper, Dainik Bhaskar. The site is owned by Bhaskar Prakashan Pvt. Ltd.,

Terms of use

By accessing BhaskarLive.in, you agree to these Terms. This site provides news and information for personal, non-commercial use only. All content is copyrighted; reproduction requires written permission. You must not post unlawful, defamatory, or infringing material. We disclaim all warranties; content is provided "as is" without guarantees of accuracy. BhaskarLive.in is not liable for any damages from use. These Terms are governed by Madhya Pradesh law. We may update them anytime—continued use implies acceptance. Contact: bhaskarlive2019@gmail.com.

Disclaimer

This news is automatically published via auto feeds. No changes or modifications (editing) of any kind have been made to this news by the bhaskarlive.in team. The entire responsibility for this news and the materials used in it lies solely with the news agency. Before using the information provided in this news, please consult experts in the relevant field (lawyer / engineer / astrologer / vastu expert / doctor / news agency / other subject experts). Therefore, bhaskarlive.in news portal bears no responsibility for the related news and the text matter, photos, videos, and audio used.

Advertise with us

Email: bhaskarlive2019@gmail.com
Mobile: +91 - 9770324452
WhatsApp: +91 - 9424358037

Contact us

Bhaskar Prakashan Pvt. Ltd.
Email: bhaskarlive2019@gmail.com
Mobile: +91 - 9770324452
WhatsApp: +91 - 9424358037
Address: Bishambhar Bhavan, 18, Civic Centre, Jabalpur- 482002, Madhya Pradesh, India - 482004
Copyright 2026 — Bhaskar Live. All rights reserved.
richard casino login
Winomania Casino website
casino avantgarde