Skip to content
-
Subscribe to our newsletter & never miss our best posts. Subscribe Now!
  • Facebook
  • Twitter / X
  • Instagram
  • Youtube
BhaskarLive.in Bhaskar Live

Bhaskar English News

BhaskarLive.in Bhaskar Live

Bhaskar English News

  • TOP NEWS
  • NATIONAL
  • WORLD
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • BUSINESS
  • SCIENCE
  • HEALTH
  • SPORTS
  • TOP NEWS
  • NATIONAL
  • WORLD
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • BUSINESS
  • SCIENCE
  • HEALTH
  • SPORTS
Subscribe
Close

Search

EDUCATION

Seven Bihar workers feared dead as massive boulder collapses at Bengaluru quarry; several trapped

By Bhaskar Live
July 2, 2026 2 Min Read

Bengaluru, July 2 (IANS) At least seven migrant labourers from Bihar were feared dead after a massive boulder collapsed at a stone quarry in Bengaluru South taluk early on Thursday morning. Several others were injured, while rescue teams fear that more workers remain trapped beneath the debris. The death toll is likely to go up. 

The incident occurred at around 5 a.m. at the Kaveri Crusher unit in Madapatna village, within the jurisdiction of the Tavarekere Police Station.

According to preliminary information, around 20 labourers were working at the quarry when a huge rock suddenly gave way and crashed on them. The workers were reportedly carrying out quarrying operations about 40 feet below the surface after blasting work had been undertaken at the site a day earlier.

Police said seven labourers are feared dead, though the identities of the deceased are yet to be established. The victims are believed to be migrant workers from Bihar, while a few injured workers are reportedly from Karnataka.

Five labourers sustained serious injuries and were shifted to RR Hospital for treatment. Officials said several heavy boulders also crushed excavation machinery, including earthmoving equipment, during the collapse.

Eyewitnesses said the workers had no warning before the boulder suddenly collapsed.

“The incident took place at around 5 a.m. when more than 15 to 16 workers were on duty. Some managed to run to safety, some were injured, and others were trapped beneath the boulder. It did not appear that the boulder fell because of the blasting itself; it collapsed suddenly while the workers were carrying out their routine work,” an eyewitness said.

Vinod, another worker who witnessed the tragedy, said that the victims had just taken over from the night shift when the incident occurred.

“When the boulder collapsed, many workers were trapped beneath it. Some lost their legs, while others lost their hands. We could do nothing to rescue them. I was operating a Hitachi excavator and was about 10 metres away from the spot. The victims were drilling at the quarry and did not notice the boulder above them,” he said.

Rescue operations are underway as police and emergency personnel continue clearing the debris in search of trapped workers. Officials said the bodies of the deceased are yet to be recovered from beneath the boulders.

Senior police officers and district administration officials have rushed to the spot and are supervising the rescue operation.

Officials said the quarry management had obtained the necessary permissions, including the lease and licences required for quarrying and the use of explosives. However, the exact cause of the collapse is yet to be determined.

Police have registered a case and launched an investigation into the incident. More details are awaited as rescue efforts continue.

–IANS

mka/dpb

Tags:

NEWS
Author

Bhaskar Live

Follow Me
Other Articles
Previous

Mumbai Monsoon mayhem: Over 99 tree falls, 13 short circuits amid relentless rain

Next

Viral MP railway station assault video triggers GRP probe; officer shifted over ‘negligence’

Search

News Categories

  • BUSINESS
  • EDUCATION
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • FINANCE
  • HEALTH AND MEDICINE
  • INTERNATIONAL
  • NATIONAL
  • SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
  • SPORTS
  • TOP NEWS

About us

Bhaskar Live (bhaskarlive.in) is an English-language digital news portal that provides real-time coverage of national and international news, focusing on India-centric stories with a mix of original reporting and syndicated content. Launched in 2016, it serves as the English arm of the Dainik Bhaskar Group, one of India's largest media conglomerates known primarily for its Hindi-language newspaper, Dainik Bhaskar. The site is owned by Bhaskar Prakashan Pvt. Ltd.,

Terms of use

By accessing BhaskarLive.in, you agree to these Terms. This site provides news and information for personal, non-commercial use only. All content is copyrighted; reproduction requires written permission. You must not post unlawful, defamatory, or infringing material. We disclaim all warranties; content is provided "as is" without guarantees of accuracy. BhaskarLive.in is not liable for any damages from use. These Terms are governed by Madhya Pradesh law. We may update them anytime—continued use implies acceptance. Contact: bhaskarlive2019@gmail.com.

Disclaimer

This news is automatically published via auto feeds. No changes or modifications (editing) of any kind have been made to this news by the bhaskarlive.in team. The entire responsibility for this news and the materials used in it lies solely with the news agency. Before using the information provided in this news, please consult experts in the relevant field (lawyer / engineer / astrologer / vastu expert / doctor / news agency / other subject experts). Therefore, bhaskarlive.in news portal bears no responsibility for the related news and the text matter, photos, videos, and audio used.

Advertise with us

Email: bhaskarlive2019@gmail.com
Mobile: +91 - 9770324452
WhatsApp: +91 - 9424358037

Contact us

Bhaskar Prakashan Pvt. Ltd.
Email: bhaskarlive2019@gmail.com
Mobile: +91 - 9770324452
WhatsApp: +91 - 9424358037
Address: Bishambhar Bhavan, 18, Civic Centre, Jabalpur- 482002, Madhya Pradesh, India - 482004
Copyright 2026 — Bhaskar Live. All rights reserved.
richard casino login
Winomania Casino website
casino avantgarde