Skip to content
-
Subscribe to our newsletter & never miss our best posts. Subscribe Now!
  • Facebook
  • Twitter / X
  • Instagram
  • Youtube
BhaskarLive.in Bhaskar Live

Bhaskar English News

BhaskarLive.in Bhaskar Live

Bhaskar English News

  • TOP NEWS
  • NATIONAL
  • WORLD
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • BUSINESS
  • SCIENCE
  • HEALTH
  • SPORTS
  • TOP NEWS
  • NATIONAL
  • WORLD
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • BUSINESS
  • SCIENCE
  • HEALTH
  • SPORTS
Subscribe
Close

Search

EDUCATION

‘Overturn this’: Belgium mocks Balogun drama with savage social media post after ousting USA

By Bhaskar Live
July 7, 2026 2 Min Read

New Delhi, July 7 (IANS) After eliminating co-host USA from the FIFA World Cup, the victorious Belgian team clapped back at the Folarin Balogun red-card drama with a savage two-word social media post.

Ahead of the round-of-16 tie against the USA, football’s global governing body suspended the one-match ban imposed on US striker Folarin Balogun, which he got after receiving a red card for a foul on Bosnia-Herzegovina defender Tarik Muharemovic in the round of 32 victory.

The ruling drew strong criticism from the Belgian Football Association, which issued statements expressing “astonishment” at the decision. European football governing body UEFA also condemned the ruling, saying it had “crossed a red line” and could have negative consequences for the game as a whole. It also emerged that US president Donald Trump had lobbied for Balogun’s red card to be overturned.

Following the win, the Belgian team’s official social media account shared a savage message by posting “Overturn this” with pictures of wild celebrations.

Belgium’s captain, Youri Tielemans, said the Balogun controversy had helped motivate his team. “Let’s be honest: we held a meeting when we heard the news. We told ourselves we needed to do our talking on the pitch. That’s what we did today. I’m very proud of the team,” Tielemans said after the match.

Belgium took sweet revenge for the off-field drama on the field when Charles De Ketelaere’s first-half double made the USA the third and final co-host to be knocked out of the World Cup after Canada and Mexico had already bowed out in the Round of 16.

Belgium will lock horns with Spain, who eliminated Cristiano Ronaldo’s Portugal, at Los Angeles Stadium on July 11.

–IANS

bc/

Tags:

SPORTS NEWS
Author

Bhaskar Live

Follow Me
Other Articles
Previous

Portugal PM Luis Montenegro backs team after FIFA WC exit

Next

<div>‘I may pursue legal action for gender based violence’: Paraguay Senator wants Mbappe to apologise for ‘despicable’ remark</div>

Search

News Categories

  • BUSINESS
  • EDUCATION
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • FINANCE
  • HEALTH AND MEDICINE
  • INTERNATIONAL
  • NATIONAL
  • SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
  • SPORTS
  • TOP NEWS

About us

Bhaskar Live (bhaskarlive.in) is an English-language digital news portal that provides real-time coverage of national and international news, focusing on India-centric stories with a mix of original reporting and syndicated content. Launched in 2016, it serves as the English arm of the Dainik Bhaskar Group, one of India's largest media conglomerates known primarily for its Hindi-language newspaper, Dainik Bhaskar. The site is owned by Bhaskar Prakashan Pvt. Ltd.,

Terms of use

By accessing BhaskarLive.in, you agree to these Terms. This site provides news and information for personal, non-commercial use only. All content is copyrighted; reproduction requires written permission. You must not post unlawful, defamatory, or infringing material. We disclaim all warranties; content is provided "as is" without guarantees of accuracy. BhaskarLive.in is not liable for any damages from use. These Terms are governed by Madhya Pradesh law. We may update them anytime—continued use implies acceptance. Contact: bhaskarlive2019@gmail.com.

Disclaimer

This news is automatically published via auto feeds. No changes or modifications (editing) of any kind have been made to this news by the bhaskarlive.in team. The entire responsibility for this news and the materials used in it lies solely with the news agency. Before using the information provided in this news, please consult experts in the relevant field (lawyer / engineer / astrologer / vastu expert / doctor / news agency / other subject experts). Therefore, bhaskarlive.in news portal bears no responsibility for the related news and the text matter, photos, videos, and audio used.

Advertise with us

Email: bhaskarlive2019@gmail.com
Mobile: +91 - 9770324452
WhatsApp: +91 - 9424358037

Contact us

Bhaskar Prakashan Pvt. Ltd.
Email: bhaskarlive2019@gmail.com
Mobile: +91 - 9770324452
WhatsApp: +91 - 9424358037
Address: Bishambhar Bhavan, 18, Civic Centre, Jabalpur- 482002, Madhya Pradesh, India - 482004
Copyright 2026 — Bhaskar Live. All rights reserved.
richard casino login
Winomania Casino website
casino avantgarde