Skip to content
-
Subscribe to our newsletter & never miss our best posts. Subscribe Now!
  • Facebook
  • Twitter / X
  • Instagram
  • Youtube
BhaskarLive.in Bhaskar Live

Bhaskar English News

BhaskarLive.in Bhaskar Live

Bhaskar English News

  • TOP NEWS
  • NATIONAL
  • WORLD
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • BUSINESS
  • SCIENCE
  • HEALTH
  • SPORTS
  • TOP NEWS
  • NATIONAL
  • WORLD
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • BUSINESS
  • SCIENCE
  • HEALTH
  • SPORTS
Subscribe
Close

Search

EDUCATION

Meenakshi Natarajan’s RS nomination cancellation row: MP minister Vijayvargiya claims information provided by Cong

By IANS
June 9, 2026 2 Min Read

Bhopal, June 9 (IANS) After cancellation of the nomination of Congress’ lone Rajya Sabha candidate Meenakshi Natarajan, Madhya Pradesh Minister and Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Kailash Vijayvargiya claimed on Tuesday that the information regarding a pending case against Natarajan was provided by Congress leaders themselves.

Earlier in the day, BJP had raised a major objection regarding Natarajan’s nomination form, alleging that she had concealed information about a case pending in a Telangana court.

Addressing reporters, Minister Vijayvargiya said: “I respect the Constitution and the judiciary. The criminal case was deliberately concealed, and incorrect information was provided. Justice has prevailed, and our member Mahesh Kewat has received the people’s blessings. The BJP has faith in democracy.”

Referring to BJP’s Rajya Sabha candidate Mahesh Kewat, the Madhya Pradesh Minister added: “Kewat would have won even if elections were held.”

Taking a swipe at the Congress, Vijayvargiya said: “Where did we get the papers from? That is why one can understand the situation of the Congress right now.”

“We are getting papers from Telangana where they (Congress) are in power. So, one can understand that Congress people themselves must have given us the information,” he claimed.

The Madhya Pradesh Minister added: “We (BJP) win elections because people have trust on Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his work.”

Speaking to IANS, BJP’s Rajya Sabha candidate Mahesh Kewat said: “It is a victory for the Bharatiya Janata Party. The principles of the Bharatiya Janata Party have been vindicated, and therefore it is a victory of truth and justice.”

He expressed gratitude to the BJP’s Central and state leadership for the opportunity.

“The BJP has given me this opportunity and responsibility. When Lord Ram went into exile, he embraced Kevat and Nishad Raj. In the same spirit, the Bharatiya Janata Party has treated me. I express my gratitude and thanks to all the leaders,” Kewat told reporters.

BJP MLA Bhagwandas Sabnani said that the nomination cancellation should be seen as a “victory of the Constitution”.

“The incorrect information that had been provided was exposed on this very platform. As a result, the Congress’ reality was revealed, and Meenakshi Natarajan’s nomination was cancelled,” he told IANS.

Meanwhile, Congress MP K.C. Venugopal called the decision “undemocratic”.

“Democracy has been killed. How can a nomination be rejected without any reason? They rejected the nomination without any reason,” he said.

–IANS

cg/khz

Tags:

NEWS
Author

IANS

Follow Me
Other Articles
Previous

MP: 2.25 million-strong ‘Shaurya Dal’ gets 5-year extension

Next

World Cup: Veteran goalkeeper Neuer back to full training ahead of Germany’s opener against Curacao

Search

News Categories

  • BUSINESS
  • EDUCATION
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • FINANCE
  • HEALTH AND MEDICINE
  • INTERNATIONAL
  • NATIONAL
  • SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
  • SPORTS
  • TOP NEWS

About us

Bhaskar Live (bhaskarlive.in) is an English-language digital news portal that provides real-time coverage of national and international news, focusing on India-centric stories with a mix of original reporting and syndicated content. Launched in 2016, it serves as the English arm of the Dainik Bhaskar Group, one of India's largest media conglomerates known primarily for its Hindi-language newspaper, Dainik Bhaskar. The site is owned by Bhaskar Prakashan Pvt. Ltd.,

Terms of use

By accessing BhaskarLive.in, you agree to these Terms. This site provides news and information for personal, non-commercial use only. All content is copyrighted; reproduction requires written permission. You must not post unlawful, defamatory, or infringing material. We disclaim all warranties; content is provided "as is" without guarantees of accuracy. BhaskarLive.in is not liable for any damages from use. These Terms are governed by Madhya Pradesh law. We may update them anytime—continued use implies acceptance. Contact: bhaskarlive2019@gmail.com.

Disclaimer

This news is automatically published via auto feeds. No changes or modifications (editing) of any kind have been made to this news by the bhaskarlive.in team. The entire responsibility for this news and the materials used in it lies solely with the news agency. Before using the information provided in this news, please consult experts in the relevant field (lawyer / engineer / astrologer / vastu expert / doctor / news agency / other subject experts). Therefore, bhaskarlive.in news portal bears no responsibility for the related news and the text matter, photos, videos, and audio used.

Advertise with us

Email: bhaskarlive2019@gmail.com
Mobile: +91 - 9770324452
WhatsApp: +91 - 9424358037

Contact us

Bhaskar Prakashan Pvt. Ltd.
Email: bhaskarlive2019@gmail.com
Mobile: +91 - 9770324452
WhatsApp: +91 - 9424358037
Address: Bishambhar Bhavan, 18, Civic Centre, Jabalpur- 482002, Madhya Pradesh, India - 482004
Copyright 2026 — Bhaskar Live. All rights reserved.
richard casino login
Winomania Casino website
casino avantgarde