Skip to content
-
Subscribe to our newsletter & never miss our best posts. Subscribe Now!
  • Facebook
  • Twitter / X
  • Instagram
  • Youtube
BhaskarLive.in Bhaskar Live

Bhaskar English News

BhaskarLive.in Bhaskar Live

Bhaskar English News

  • TOP NEWS
  • NATIONAL
  • WORLD
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • BUSINESS
  • SCIENCE
  • HEALTH
  • SPORTS
  • TOP NEWS
  • NATIONAL
  • WORLD
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • BUSINESS
  • SCIENCE
  • HEALTH
  • SPORTS
Subscribe
Close

Search

EDUCATION

Karnataka launches ‘Operation RISE’ and ‘Beda Bro’ campaign to intensify anti-drug drive

By Bhaskar Live
June 30, 2026 3 Min Read

Bengaluru, June 30 (IANS) The Karnataka government led by Chief Minister D.K. Shivakumar on Tuesday announced the launch of two major anti-drug initiatives—’Operation RISE’ and the ‘Beda Bro’ campaign—as part of its intensified drive against narcotic drugs and psychotropic substances, reaffirming its commitment to making the state drug-free through a combination of strict enforcement, public awareness and rehabilitation.

In a statement issued on the occasion of the International Day Against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking, the government said Karnataka has adopted a zero-tolerance policy towards narcotics and described the fight against drugs as a “war” that would continue until the menace is eradicated from the state.

The government noted that urban areas continue to remain the most vulnerable to drug abuse owing to their large student population, working youth, nightlife economy, foreign resident clusters and digital networks. Law enforcement agencies have repeatedly detected cases involving synthetic drugs, courier-based supply chains and the involvement of foreign nationals.

According to the statement, the drug problem in Karnataka is driven by both demand and supply factors. While demand is fuelled by peer pressure, stress, recreation and experimentation among young people, the supply network is sustained by organised crime groups, interstate trafficking routes, international networks and digital platforms.

Recognising the need for a comprehensive response, the government said it had strengthened the Anti-Narcotics Task Force (ANTF) to tackle the growing narcotics threat through prevention, enforcement and rehabilitation.

As part of the latest initiative, the State Police will launch ‘Operation RISE’, a coordinated enforcement programme, alongside the ‘Beda Bro’ campaign, a youth-focused public awareness initiative designed to discourage substance abuse through education and community participation.

The government said the campaign uses simple, relatable and youth-friendly messaging to educate young people about the physical, mental, social and legal consequences of drug abuse while encouraging informed decision-making and resistance to peer pressure.

The initiative will also promote healthy lifestyles by motivating young people to participate in sports, education and skill development activities. Awareness programmes, workshops, social media campaigns and interactive outreach events will be organised across the state to disseminate information on the dangers of narcotic substances.

As part of the observance of the International Day Against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking, the Karnataka Police will also destroy 4,276.405 kg of seized narcotic substances valued at approximately Rs 97.90 crore after obtaining the necessary permissions from the courts.

The government also released data highlighting its enforcement efforts. During 2025, narcotics worth Rs 216.93 crore were seized, while drugs valued at Rs 184.72 crore were seized between January 1 and May 31, 2026.

A total of 9,064 accused were booked under the Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances (NDPS) Act in 2025, while 6,651 persons have been booked so far in 2026.

Police apprehended 2,611 drug peddlers in 2025 and 1,406 peddlers during the first five months of 2026. The number of drug consumers booked stood at 6,455 in 2025 and 5,090 in 2026. Authorities also arrested 41 drug manufacturers in 2025 and 17 manufacturers so far in 2026.

Reiterating its commitment, the government said it would continue to adopt a whole-of-government approach involving law enforcement agencies, educational institutions, civil society organisations and communities to combat drug abuse.

“The Government of Karnataka firmly resolves to address this menace head-on and will work relentlessly towards the complete eradication of drugs from our society,” the statement said.

–IANS

mka/uk

Tags:

NEWS
Author

Bhaskar Live

Follow Me
Other Articles
Previous

‘Whitewashed Tombs’: Kerala IAS officer’s farewell day post targets outgoing Chief Secretary

Next

When Ranbir Kapoor revealed why he is the most educated Kapoor in the family

Search

News Categories

  • BUSINESS
  • EDUCATION
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • FINANCE
  • HEALTH AND MEDICINE
  • INTERNATIONAL
  • NATIONAL
  • SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
  • SPORTS
  • TOP NEWS

About us

Bhaskar Live (bhaskarlive.in) is an English-language digital news portal that provides real-time coverage of national and international news, focusing on India-centric stories with a mix of original reporting and syndicated content. Launched in 2016, it serves as the English arm of the Dainik Bhaskar Group, one of India's largest media conglomerates known primarily for its Hindi-language newspaper, Dainik Bhaskar. The site is owned by Bhaskar Prakashan Pvt. Ltd.,

Terms of use

By accessing BhaskarLive.in, you agree to these Terms. This site provides news and information for personal, non-commercial use only. All content is copyrighted; reproduction requires written permission. You must not post unlawful, defamatory, or infringing material. We disclaim all warranties; content is provided "as is" without guarantees of accuracy. BhaskarLive.in is not liable for any damages from use. These Terms are governed by Madhya Pradesh law. We may update them anytime—continued use implies acceptance. Contact: bhaskarlive2019@gmail.com.

Disclaimer

This news is automatically published via auto feeds. No changes or modifications (editing) of any kind have been made to this news by the bhaskarlive.in team. The entire responsibility for this news and the materials used in it lies solely with the news agency. Before using the information provided in this news, please consult experts in the relevant field (lawyer / engineer / astrologer / vastu expert / doctor / news agency / other subject experts). Therefore, bhaskarlive.in news portal bears no responsibility for the related news and the text matter, photos, videos, and audio used.

Advertise with us

Email: bhaskarlive2019@gmail.com
Mobile: +91 - 9770324452
WhatsApp: +91 - 9424358037

Contact us

Bhaskar Prakashan Pvt. Ltd.
Email: bhaskarlive2019@gmail.com
Mobile: +91 - 9770324452
WhatsApp: +91 - 9424358037
Address: Bishambhar Bhavan, 18, Civic Centre, Jabalpur- 482002, Madhya Pradesh, India - 482004
Copyright 2026 — Bhaskar Live. All rights reserved.
richard casino login
Winomania Casino website
casino avantgarde