Skip to content
-
Subscribe to our newsletter & never miss our best posts. Subscribe Now!
  • Facebook
  • Twitter / X
  • Instagram
  • Youtube
BhaskarLive.in Bhaskar Live

Bhaskar English News

BhaskarLive.in Bhaskar Live

Bhaskar English News

  • TOP NEWS
  • NATIONAL
  • WORLD
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • BUSINESS
  • SCIENCE
  • HEALTH
  • SPORTS
  • TOP NEWS
  • NATIONAL
  • WORLD
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • BUSINESS
  • SCIENCE
  • HEALTH
  • SPORTS
Subscribe
Close

Search

TOP NEWS

India Open to be moved to Guwahati for 2028 edition before returning to Delhi: BAI secy

By IANS
August 24, 2026 2 Min Read

New Delhi, Aug 23 (IANS) The 2028 edition of the India Open, the country’s top event on the BWF World Series, will be held in Guwahati, moving from its present venue, New Delhi, for a year before returning to the national capital in 2029.

The Badminton Association of India secretary general Sanjay Mishra on Sunday announced the decision to move the India Open to Guwahati in 2028. The 2027 edition will be held in Delhi, as will the 2029 edition. Mishra said the reason the India Open is being moved to Guwahati is that that year it will be held towards the end of January, the same time period when Delhi will host the Republic Day Parade.

“The 2028 India Open will be held in the last week of January, and due to the tournament dates clashing with Republic Day security arrangements in the National capital. We felt that only for that year, we should shift the tournament to Guwahati. It will return to New Delhi in 2029,” Mishra said in a statement released by the BAI on Sunday.

Earlier, Mishra expressed happiness over the praise the BAI received from other members of the Badminton World Federation (BWF) for successfully hosting the 2026 World Championship in New Delhi.

The BAI has come in for praise for the arrangements it made for the World Championship after copping criticism for the playing conditions at the New Delhi venue for the India Open in the last two seasons.

Asked whether he was happy with the successful conclusion of the World Championship, the BAI secretary general said, “Yes, we have done it. So, all the players are happy,” he told IANS on Sunday.

Mishra invoked the example of a Danish shuttler Mia Blichfeldt, who had, earlier this year, criticised the playing conditions at the $950,000 India Open for the second year in a row, after questioning the state of the venue last year too.

“The biggest example is Mia Blichfeldt, who was negative last time. She was the first one to tweet and appreciate our efforts this time. And all the players, not only players, officials and BWF members, all of them appreciated it,” said Mishra after the event went off without any glitch.

–IANS

bsk/

Tags:

NEWS
Author

IANS

Follow Me
Other Articles
Previous

Dressing injured feet, treating exhaustion-related disorientation: ER reaches out to pilgrims’ hearts

Next

INDIA bloc to protest against MMDR Amendment Act in Odisha from today

Search

News Categories

  • BUSINESS
  • EDUCATION
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • FINANCE
  • HEALTH AND MEDICINE
  • INTERNATIONAL
  • NATIONAL
  • SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
  • SPORTS
  • TOP NEWS

About us

Bhaskar Live (bhaskarlive.in) is an English-language digital news portal that provides real-time coverage of national and international news, focusing on India-centric stories with a mix of original reporting and syndicated content. Launched in 2016, it serves as the English arm of the Dainik Bhaskar Group, one of India's largest media conglomerates known primarily for its Hindi-language newspaper, Dainik Bhaskar. The site is owned by Bhaskar Prakashan Pvt. Ltd.,

Terms of use

By accessing BhaskarLive.in, you agree to these Terms. This site provides news and information for personal, non-commercial use only. All content is copyrighted; reproduction requires written permission. You must not post unlawful, defamatory, or infringing material. We disclaim all warranties; content is provided "as is" without guarantees of accuracy. BhaskarLive.in is not liable for any damages from use. These Terms are governed by Madhya Pradesh law. We may update them anytime—continued use implies acceptance. Contact: bhaskarlive2019@gmail.com.

Disclaimer

This news is automatically published via auto feeds. No changes or modifications (editing) of any kind have been made to this news by the bhaskarlive.in team. The entire responsibility for this news and the materials used in it lies solely with the news agency. Before using the information provided in this news, please consult experts in the relevant field (lawyer / engineer / astrologer / vastu expert / doctor / news agency / other subject experts). Therefore, bhaskarlive.in news portal bears no responsibility for the related news and the text matter, photos, videos, and audio used.

Advertise with us

Email: bhaskarlive2019@gmail.com
Mobile: +91 - 9770324452
WhatsApp: +91 - 9424358037

Contact us

Bhaskar Prakashan Pvt. Ltd.
Email: bhaskarlive2019@gmail.com
Mobile: +91 - 9770324452
WhatsApp: +91 - 9424358037
Address: Bishambhar Bhavan, 18, Civic Centre, Jabalpur- 482002, Madhya Pradesh, India - 482004
Copyright 2026 — Bhaskar Live. All rights reserved.
richard casino login
Winomania Casino website
casino avantgarde