Skip to content
-
Subscribe to our newsletter & never miss our best posts. Subscribe Now!
  • Facebook
  • Twitter / X
  • Instagram
  • Youtube
BhaskarLive.in Bhaskar Live

Bhaskar English News

BhaskarLive.in Bhaskar Live

Bhaskar English News

  • TOP NEWS
  • NATIONAL
  • WORLD
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • BUSINESS
  • SCIENCE
  • HEALTH
  • SPORTS
  • TOP NEWS
  • NATIONAL
  • WORLD
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • BUSINESS
  • SCIENCE
  • HEALTH
  • SPORTS
Subscribe
Close

Search

EDUCATION

FIFA WC: ‘I’m going to reflect on my future,’ says Netherlands coach Koeman after round of 32 exit

By Bhaskar Live
June 30, 2026 2 Min Read

Monterrey, June 30 (IANS) Netherlands coach Ronald Koeman cast doubt on his future on Tuesday after a penalty shootout loss to Morocco eliminated his team from the World Cup.

Koeman said he was still coming to grips with the result at Monterrey Stadium, which marked the Netherlands’ earliest exit at the World Cup finals since its round of 16 elimination in Germany 20 years ago.

“I haven’t resigned. I’m going to reflect on my future. Right now, the disappointment from the match is still very fresh. I’ll gather my thoughts, and maybe I’ll come to a conclusion by tomorrow morning,” he said after the match as quoted by Xinhua.

Cody Gakpo had given the Netherlands the lead in the round-of-32 clash with a 72nd-minute strike before Issa Diop forced the match into extra time with a 91st-minute equalizer.

Justin Kluivert, Quinten Timber and Crysencio Summerville all missed their attempts for the Dutch in the shootout.

“It was a difficult draw from the moment we saw Morocco in our group, but that’s football,” Koeman said. “We put a lot of energy into this match, and it went back and forth. Maybe Morocco created the better chances. We took the lead, and I didn’t think they had a real solution, then they scored a fortunate goal.”

“It’s even more painful when it comes in stoppage time. We were also unlucky in the penalty shootout.”

Koeman defended his decision to switch to a five-man defense and denied his tactics had been too defensive.

“We conceded far less than we did against Sweden and Tunisia. If the equalizer hadn’t been scored, people would probably praise the decision,” he said.

“I felt the change was necessary. Too often in previous matches we gave opponents too much space, and if that had happened tonight we probably wouldn’t even have reached extra time. People see the game from the sidelines, but I’m with the team every day. If I had to do it again, I wouldn’t change anything,” he added.

Koeman admitted his team’s shortcomings in attack had been telling.

“I thought we could have been more dangerous on the left with Micky [van de Ven] and Cody,” he said. “We could have moved the ball quicker. We got into good positions on the right a few times, but the final pass wasn’t good enough. You can ask whether playing with five defenders affected our attacking play.”

Despite being the runners-up three times (1974,1978,2010), the Netherlands have never won the FIFA World Cup, and their wait for glory will continue for four more years after the round of 32 exit.

–IANS

sds/bc

Tags:

NEWS
Author

Bhaskar Live

Follow Me
Other Articles
Previous

Finance Ministry okays Rs 1.25 lakh crore outlay for India Semiconductor Mission 2.0

Next

Ajay Rai placed under house arrest in Ayodhya; BJP, Congress trade barbs

Search

News Categories

  • BUSINESS
  • EDUCATION
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • FINANCE
  • HEALTH AND MEDICINE
  • INTERNATIONAL
  • NATIONAL
  • SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
  • SPORTS
  • TOP NEWS

About us

Bhaskar Live (bhaskarlive.in) is an English-language digital news portal that provides real-time coverage of national and international news, focusing on India-centric stories with a mix of original reporting and syndicated content. Launched in 2016, it serves as the English arm of the Dainik Bhaskar Group, one of India's largest media conglomerates known primarily for its Hindi-language newspaper, Dainik Bhaskar. The site is owned by Bhaskar Prakashan Pvt. Ltd.,

Terms of use

By accessing BhaskarLive.in, you agree to these Terms. This site provides news and information for personal, non-commercial use only. All content is copyrighted; reproduction requires written permission. You must not post unlawful, defamatory, or infringing material. We disclaim all warranties; content is provided "as is" without guarantees of accuracy. BhaskarLive.in is not liable for any damages from use. These Terms are governed by Madhya Pradesh law. We may update them anytime—continued use implies acceptance. Contact: bhaskarlive2019@gmail.com.

Disclaimer

This news is automatically published via auto feeds. No changes or modifications (editing) of any kind have been made to this news by the bhaskarlive.in team. The entire responsibility for this news and the materials used in it lies solely with the news agency. Before using the information provided in this news, please consult experts in the relevant field (lawyer / engineer / astrologer / vastu expert / doctor / news agency / other subject experts). Therefore, bhaskarlive.in news portal bears no responsibility for the related news and the text matter, photos, videos, and audio used.

Advertise with us

Email: bhaskarlive2019@gmail.com
Mobile: +91 - 9770324452
WhatsApp: +91 - 9424358037

Contact us

Bhaskar Prakashan Pvt. Ltd.
Email: bhaskarlive2019@gmail.com
Mobile: +91 - 9770324452
WhatsApp: +91 - 9424358037
Address: Bishambhar Bhavan, 18, Civic Centre, Jabalpur- 482002, Madhya Pradesh, India - 482004
Copyright 2026 — Bhaskar Live. All rights reserved.
richard casino login
Winomania Casino website
casino avantgarde