Skip to content
-
Subscribe to our newsletter & never miss our best posts. Subscribe Now!
  • Facebook
  • Twitter / X
  • Instagram
  • Youtube
BhaskarLive.in Bhaskar Live

Bhaskar English News

BhaskarLive.in Bhaskar Live

Bhaskar English News

  • TOP NEWS
  • NATIONAL
  • WORLD
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • BUSINESS
  • SCIENCE
  • HEALTH
  • SPORTS
  • TOP NEWS
  • NATIONAL
  • WORLD
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • BUSINESS
  • SCIENCE
  • HEALTH
  • SPORTS
Subscribe
Close

Search

TOP NEWS

Downed Saudi drone over NW Yemen, claim Houthis

By IANS
August 23, 2026 2 Min Read

Sanaa, Aug 23 (IANS) Yemen’s Houthi group said on Sunday it had shot down “a Saudi reconnaissance drone” over the northwestern province of Hajjah.

The Houthi-run Saba news agency, citing a military source within the group, identified the drone as a ScanEagle, saying it was brought down while flying over Hajjah, which borders Saudi Arabia.

The source said the Houthi forces shot down the drone using an “appropriate weapon,” without giving further details.

Saudi Arabia did not immediately comment on the claim.

Last week, Yemen’s Houthi group said it had carried out two drone attacks targeting an airport and an oil facility in Saudi Arabia’s southern region of Najran.

In a statement on social media platform X, Houthi military spokesperson Yahya Saree said the group launched two drone strikes, one hitting a “sensitive target” at Najran airport and the other hitting a facility belonging to Saudi state oil giant Aramco.

Saree claimed both attacks “achieved their objectives,” without providing further details on possible casualties or damage.

The strikes were carried out in response to what the group described as Saudi drone incursions into the airspace over Yemen’s northern province of Saada, a Houthi stronghold bordering Saudi Arabia, Xinhua News Agency reported.

Previously, Yemeni government forces said they had carried out 81 military operations against Houthi positions over the past 24 hours, as fighting between the two sides continues to intensify across several fronts in the war-torn country.

Majid al-Nuzaili, spokesperson for the government forces, said in a press statement that the operations targeted Houthi members and positions along multiple frontlines, killing or wounding a number of them, including field commanders.

Al-Nuzaili added that the operations were carried out in response to repeated Houthi attacks on government forces and civilian infrastructure.

On July 20, the Houthi group announced a maritime ban on Saudi shipping, citing an alleged Saudi blockade of Houthi-held areas. Since then, the Houthis have claimed a series of attacks on Saudi tankers, energy facilities and airports, while also intensifying missile and drone strikes on government-held areas in Yemen.

Yemen has been mired in conflict since late 2014, when the Houthis seized much of northern Yemen, including the capital Sanaa, prompting the Saudi-led coalition to intervene in 2015 in support of the Yemeni government.

–IANS

ksk/uk

Tags:

NEWS
Author

IANS

Follow Me
Other Articles
Previous

Hockey Haryana emerge champions in Junior Women National Championship

Next

Need to relax tax rule for single-home owners not living in property in S. Korea

Search

News Categories

  • BUSINESS
  • EDUCATION
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • FINANCE
  • HEALTH AND MEDICINE
  • INTERNATIONAL
  • NATIONAL
  • SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
  • SPORTS
  • TOP NEWS

About us

Bhaskar Live (bhaskarlive.in) is an English-language digital news portal that provides real-time coverage of national and international news, focusing on India-centric stories with a mix of original reporting and syndicated content. Launched in 2016, it serves as the English arm of the Dainik Bhaskar Group, one of India's largest media conglomerates known primarily for its Hindi-language newspaper, Dainik Bhaskar. The site is owned by Bhaskar Prakashan Pvt. Ltd.,

Terms of use

By accessing BhaskarLive.in, you agree to these Terms. This site provides news and information for personal, non-commercial use only. All content is copyrighted; reproduction requires written permission. You must not post unlawful, defamatory, or infringing material. We disclaim all warranties; content is provided "as is" without guarantees of accuracy. BhaskarLive.in is not liable for any damages from use. These Terms are governed by Madhya Pradesh law. We may update them anytime—continued use implies acceptance. Contact: bhaskarlive2019@gmail.com.

Disclaimer

This news is automatically published via auto feeds. No changes or modifications (editing) of any kind have been made to this news by the bhaskarlive.in team. The entire responsibility for this news and the materials used in it lies solely with the news agency. Before using the information provided in this news, please consult experts in the relevant field (lawyer / engineer / astrologer / vastu expert / doctor / news agency / other subject experts). Therefore, bhaskarlive.in news portal bears no responsibility for the related news and the text matter, photos, videos, and audio used.

Advertise with us

Email: bhaskarlive2019@gmail.com
Mobile: +91 - 9770324452
WhatsApp: +91 - 9424358037

Contact us

Bhaskar Prakashan Pvt. Ltd.
Email: bhaskarlive2019@gmail.com
Mobile: +91 - 9770324452
WhatsApp: +91 - 9424358037
Address: Bishambhar Bhavan, 18, Civic Centre, Jabalpur- 482002, Madhya Pradesh, India - 482004
Copyright 2026 — Bhaskar Live. All rights reserved.
richard casino login
Winomania Casino website
casino avantgarde