Skip to content
-
Subscribe to our newsletter & never miss our best posts. Subscribe Now!
  • Facebook
  • Twitter / X
  • Instagram
  • Youtube
BhaskarLive.in Bhaskar Live

Bhaskar English News

BhaskarLive.in Bhaskar Live

Bhaskar English News

  • TOP NEWS
  • NATIONAL
  • WORLD
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • BUSINESS
  • SCIENCE
  • HEALTH
  • SPORTS
  • TOP NEWS
  • NATIONAL
  • WORLD
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • BUSINESS
  • SCIENCE
  • HEALTH
  • SPORTS
Subscribe
Close

Search

TOP NEWS

DR Congo govt, M23 agree on roadmap for peace talks

By IANS
August 23, 2026 2 Min Read

Kinshasa, Aug 23 (IANS) The government of the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) and the March 23 Movement (M23) rebel group have agreed on a roadmap for peace negotiations, setting out sequenced steps and timelines for further talks, according to a joint statement.

According to a statement, the two sides said that, during meetings held from August 17 to 21 in Switzerland, they assessed progress and challenges in the Doha peace process while discussing the implementation of existing commitments and the way forward for negotiations under the Doha Framework Agreement.

Following the assessment, the two sides developed a roadmap outlining the sequence and timetable for future negotiations. They also agreed to establish a mechanism to review progress and address challenges in implementing obligations and commitments under the framework agreement, Xinhua News Agency reported.

The two sides welcomed progress in operationalising the ceasefire verification mechanism. According to the statement, its first ceasefire verification mission is scheduled for August 24 in Minembwe, in eastern DRC’s South Kivu Province.

They also stressed the importance of adopting a standardised method for reporting alleged ceasefire violations and reaffirmed their commitment to pursuing negotiations toward comprehensive peace and conflict resolution.

In April, the government of DRC and M23 group said that progress had been made in Swiss-hosted peace talks on humanitarian access and ceasefire monitoring.

In a statement issued after meetings held from April 13 to 17 in Montreux, Switzerland, the two sides said they had made “substantial progress” toward concluding a protocol on humanitarian access and judicial protection, stressing the need to ensure vital assistance reaches conflict-affected populations in eastern DRC, Xinhua reported.

They agreed to refrain from destroying or seizing property indispensable to the survival of civilians. They also pledged to facilitate rapid, safe, sustainable, and unhindered humanitarian access, as well as the free movement of aid workers, relief goods, and humanitarian convoys in conflict-hit areas.

The two sides also agreed to release prisoners within 10 days under previously established arrangements, in a move aimed at strengthening mutual trust,

Since January 2025, the M23 has intensified offensives in the eastern provinces of North Kivu and South Kivu, seizing several key cities.

–IANS

ksk/vd

Tags:

NEWS
Author

IANS

Follow Me
Other Articles
Previous

Golf: Shubhankar Sharma slips in third round at Nexo Championship

Next

When Karan Johar revealed why Farah Khan initially said no to doing ‘DDLJ’

Search

News Categories

  • BUSINESS
  • EDUCATION
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • FINANCE
  • HEALTH AND MEDICINE
  • INTERNATIONAL
  • NATIONAL
  • SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
  • SPORTS
  • TOP NEWS

About us

Bhaskar Live (bhaskarlive.in) is an English-language digital news portal that provides real-time coverage of national and international news, focusing on India-centric stories with a mix of original reporting and syndicated content. Launched in 2016, it serves as the English arm of the Dainik Bhaskar Group, one of India's largest media conglomerates known primarily for its Hindi-language newspaper, Dainik Bhaskar. The site is owned by Bhaskar Prakashan Pvt. Ltd.,

Terms of use

By accessing BhaskarLive.in, you agree to these Terms. This site provides news and information for personal, non-commercial use only. All content is copyrighted; reproduction requires written permission. You must not post unlawful, defamatory, or infringing material. We disclaim all warranties; content is provided "as is" without guarantees of accuracy. BhaskarLive.in is not liable for any damages from use. These Terms are governed by Madhya Pradesh law. We may update them anytime—continued use implies acceptance. Contact: bhaskarlive2019@gmail.com.

Disclaimer

This news is automatically published via auto feeds. No changes or modifications (editing) of any kind have been made to this news by the bhaskarlive.in team. The entire responsibility for this news and the materials used in it lies solely with the news agency. Before using the information provided in this news, please consult experts in the relevant field (lawyer / engineer / astrologer / vastu expert / doctor / news agency / other subject experts). Therefore, bhaskarlive.in news portal bears no responsibility for the related news and the text matter, photos, videos, and audio used.

Advertise with us

Email: bhaskarlive2019@gmail.com
Mobile: +91 - 9770324452
WhatsApp: +91 - 9424358037

Contact us

Bhaskar Prakashan Pvt. Ltd.
Email: bhaskarlive2019@gmail.com
Mobile: +91 - 9770324452
WhatsApp: +91 - 9424358037
Address: Bishambhar Bhavan, 18, Civic Centre, Jabalpur- 482002, Madhya Pradesh, India - 482004
Copyright 2026 — Bhaskar Live. All rights reserved.
richard casino login
Winomania Casino website
casino avantgarde