Skip to content
-
Subscribe to our newsletter & never miss our best posts. Subscribe Now!
  • Facebook
  • Twitter / X
  • Instagram
  • Youtube
BhaskarLive.in Bhaskar Live

Bhaskar English News

BhaskarLive.in Bhaskar Live

Bhaskar English News

  • TOP NEWS
  • NATIONAL
  • WORLD
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • BUSINESS
  • SCIENCE
  • HEALTH
  • SPORTS
  • TOP NEWS
  • NATIONAL
  • WORLD
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • BUSINESS
  • SCIENCE
  • HEALTH
  • SPORTS
Subscribe
Close

Search

TOP NEWS

‘Manuvadis pained as Dalit has become minister’: Nagendra accuses Oppn of disrupting K’taka Assembly despite govt call to discuss issue

By IANS
August 19, 2026 4 Min Read

Bengaluru, Aug 19 (IANS) Responding to BJP and JD(S) disrupting the Assembly proceedings and demanding his resignation in connection with the tribal welfare case, Minister for Planning and Statistics, B. Nagendra, on Wednesday accused the Opposition of targeting him, alleging that “Manuvadis” were conspiring to remove a Dalit and tribal leader from the Cabinet. The minister questioned the Opposition’s continued demand for his resignation despite the government’s willingness to discuss the issue in the Assembly.

Addressing a press conference in Bengaluru, Nagendra stated, “Why? Because a Dalit has once again become a minister. A person from the tribal community has once again become a minister. These Manuvadis are conspiring to somehow remove us from the Cabinet and push us out of office.”

Nagendra, who was recently inducted into the Cabinet for a second term, said the BJP and JD(S) were deliberately disrupting the Assembly proceedings by demanding his resignation instead of participating in a discussion on the Valmiki Corporation case and other issues concerning the state.

Nagendra said he was ready to face questions in the Assembly and explain the facts surrounding the alleged irregularities in the Karnataka Maharshi Valmiki Scheduled Tribes Development Corporation.

According to Nagendra, Rs 187 crore was transferred from the Corporation without a Board meeting and without his knowledge or that of the Corporation chairman. He maintained that he had limited involvement in the Corporation’s functioning and claimed that the money was transferred by officials without obtaining the required financial approval.

He said that after the death of Corporation accounts superintendent P. Chandrashekhar, an investigation was ordered and a Special Investigation Team (SIT) was constituted on May 31, 2024.

Nagendra said that of the Rs 187 crore, Rs 100 crore was frozen immediately after the irregularity came to light, while the remaining Rs 87 crore was transferred through Union Bank of India to Hyderabad and subsequently distributed among around 800 accounts.

He claimed that investigators had traced the transactions and recovered around Rs 79 crore so far. He added that the remaining amount was either recovered or was in the process of being recovered.

Nagendra also reiterated that he had voluntarily resigned from the Cabinet earlier to ensure that there was no possibility of his position influencing the investigation. He said that when the FIR was registered, not a single rupee from the alleged transaction had reached his account or any account connected to him.

“I am innocent, and it pains me deeply that you are trying to portray a Dalit as a criminal,” he said.

Nagendra also referred to the Enforcement Directorate’s action against him following his resignation, saying he was arrested and jailed during the investigation. He said he subsequently approached the court and secured relief before seeking another opportunity to serve as a minister.

The minister questioned the Opposition’s continued demand for his resignation despite the government’s willingness to discuss the issue in the Assembly.

He said the Opposition should also allow discussions on issues such as the Cauvery water dispute, drought and the state’s requirements for water, instead of preventing the House from functioning.

Nagendra further alleged that the Opposition was targeting him because he belongs to the Dalit and tribal communities. He cited the recent controversy surrounding Congress president Mallikarjun Kharge’s visit to Uttarakhand, where a place was allegedly “purified” after his visit, to argue that caste discrimination continues to exist in the country.

“The entire Valmiki community of Karnataka is watching how the BJP is targeting a Dalit,” he said, appealing to Opposition leaders not to view Dalits and Adivasis with hostility.

“When a Dalit rises to a position of prominence, you should be happy. When an Adivasi rises from among ordinary people and does good work, you should be happy,” Nagendra said.

He urged the Opposition to participate in a detailed discussion in the Assembly, saying he was prepared to answer all questions and clarify the facts surrounding the Valmiki Corporation case.

It can be noted that the Karnataka tribal welfare scam involves the illegal diversion of roughly ₹89 to ₹94 crore from the state-run Karnataka Maharshi Valmiki Scheduled Tribes Development Corporation Limited into fake accounts and shell companies.

The scam surfaced in May 2024 following the suicide of a corporation accounts superintendent, who left a note detailing unauthorized fund transfers.

Roughly Rs 89–94 crore was illegally moved from the corporation’s account to various fake accounts, particularly in Andhra Pradesh and Telangana, for misappropriation. The scam resulted in the resignation of the state’s then Tribal Welfare Minister, B. Nagendra.

The ED conducted investigations into money laundering, conducting raids and identifying former Minister B. Nagendra as the key figure behind the scheme. Parallel investigations by the SIT and CBI led to the arrest of multiple individuals, including bank staff, corporate executives, and intermediaries.

The SIT under the Criminal Investigation Department (CID) has given clean chit to Minister Nagendra.

–IANS

mka/rad

Tags:

NATIONAL NEWS
Author

IANS

Follow Me
Other Articles
Previous

<div>Mumbai’s prime residential markets post 1.4 pc capital value growth in Jan-June</div>

Next

Neeti Mohan shares four-generation family picture as her family matriarch ‘Baa’ turns 94

Search

News Categories

  • BUSINESS
  • EDUCATION
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • FINANCE
  • HEALTH AND MEDICINE
  • INTERNATIONAL
  • NATIONAL
  • SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
  • SPORTS
  • TOP NEWS

About us

Bhaskar Live (bhaskarlive.in) is an English-language digital news portal that provides real-time coverage of national and international news, focusing on India-centric stories with a mix of original reporting and syndicated content. Launched in 2016, it serves as the English arm of the Dainik Bhaskar Group, one of India's largest media conglomerates known primarily for its Hindi-language newspaper, Dainik Bhaskar. The site is owned by Bhaskar Prakashan Pvt. Ltd.,

Terms of use

By accessing BhaskarLive.in, you agree to these Terms. This site provides news and information for personal, non-commercial use only. All content is copyrighted; reproduction requires written permission. You must not post unlawful, defamatory, or infringing material. We disclaim all warranties; content is provided "as is" without guarantees of accuracy. BhaskarLive.in is not liable for any damages from use. These Terms are governed by Madhya Pradesh law. We may update them anytime—continued use implies acceptance. Contact: bhaskarlive2019@gmail.com.

Disclaimer

This news is automatically published via auto feeds. No changes or modifications (editing) of any kind have been made to this news by the bhaskarlive.in team. The entire responsibility for this news and the materials used in it lies solely with the news agency. Before using the information provided in this news, please consult experts in the relevant field (lawyer / engineer / astrologer / vastu expert / doctor / news agency / other subject experts). Therefore, bhaskarlive.in news portal bears no responsibility for the related news and the text matter, photos, videos, and audio used.

Advertise with us

Email: bhaskarlive2019@gmail.com
Mobile: +91 - 9770324452
WhatsApp: +91 - 9424358037

Contact us

Bhaskar Prakashan Pvt. Ltd.
Email: bhaskarlive2019@gmail.com
Mobile: +91 - 9770324452
WhatsApp: +91 - 9424358037
Address: Bishambhar Bhavan, 18, Civic Centre, Jabalpur- 482002, Madhya Pradesh, India - 482004
Copyright 2026 — Bhaskar Live. All rights reserved.
richard casino login
Winomania Casino website
casino avantgarde