Skip to content
-
Subscribe to our newsletter & never miss our best posts. Subscribe Now!
  • Facebook
  • Twitter / X
  • Instagram
  • Youtube
BhaskarLive.in Bhaskar Live

Bhaskar English News

BhaskarLive.in Bhaskar Live

Bhaskar English News

  • TOP NEWS
  • NATIONAL
  • WORLD
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • BUSINESS
  • SCIENCE
  • HEALTH
  • SPORTS
  • TOP NEWS
  • NATIONAL
  • WORLD
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • BUSINESS
  • SCIENCE
  • HEALTH
  • SPORTS
Subscribe
Close

Search

EDUCATION

France withdraws carrier Charles de Gaulle as US-Iran tensions ease

By Bhaskar Live
July 4, 2026 2 Min Read

Paris, July 4 (IANS) The French aircraft carrier Charles de Gaulle is returning to its home port of Toulon from the Middle East, French President Emmanuel Macron announced on social media platform X.

The carrier had been deployed to the region in preparation for a French and British-led multinational maritime security mission in the Strait of Hormuz, Xinhua news agency reported.

Macron said in his X post that a recent memorandum of understanding signed between the United States and Iran represents “significant progress” for regional stability, prompting France to adjust its presence in the Middle East.

However, French mine-clearance assets and their escort assets will remain in place, ready to conduct operations with partners, Macron added.

The Charles de Gaulle is currently in the Mediterranean Sea, according to French media reports citing the president’s office.

France and Britain announced in mid-April that they would lead a defensive, multinational escort mission in the Strait of Hormuz. France deployed the carrier to the Middle East in May to prepare for the official launch of the operation once hostilities ceased.

The United States and Iran reached an agreement on the memorandum of understanding on June 14. The following day, Macron said the Charles de Gaulle could arrive in the Strait of Hormuz within two to three days in the framework of the escort mission if the situation permitted.

Meanwhile, US President Donald Trump said on Thursday that Iran had agreed to “just about everything we need” in negotiations over its nuclear programme, while insisting that Tehran would never be allowed to obtain a nuclear weapon.

Speaking in an interview with CNBC, Trump said his administration remained focused on preventing Iran from acquiring nuclear weapons and expressed confidence that ongoing negotiations were moving in Washington’s favour.

“We’re negotiating, and we’ll see whether or not. I think they’ve agreed to just about everything we need,” Trump said.

He described the US objective as “the denuking of Iran” rather than a conventional military campaign.

“This is the denuking of Iran. You can’t let them have a nuclear weapon,” Trump said.

Asked whether he was seeking regime change in Tehran, Trump said that was not his goal.

“I’m not looking for regime change. I’m looking for something very simple. They cannot have a nuclear weapon.”

Trump said US military operations had significantly weakened Iran’s military capabilities since he returned to office.

–IANS

int/rs

Tags:

NEWS
Author

Bhaskar Live

Follow Me
Other Articles
Previous

Kriti Sanon steps out for dinner with rumoured beau Kabir Bahia

Next

FIFA WC: England-Mexico last-16 tie to kick-off as scheduled despite weather concerns

Search

News Categories

  • BUSINESS
  • EDUCATION
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • FINANCE
  • HEALTH AND MEDICINE
  • INTERNATIONAL
  • NATIONAL
  • SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
  • SPORTS
  • TOP NEWS

About us

Bhaskar Live (bhaskarlive.in) is an English-language digital news portal that provides real-time coverage of national and international news, focusing on India-centric stories with a mix of original reporting and syndicated content. Launched in 2016, it serves as the English arm of the Dainik Bhaskar Group, one of India's largest media conglomerates known primarily for its Hindi-language newspaper, Dainik Bhaskar. The site is owned by Bhaskar Prakashan Pvt. Ltd.,

Terms of use

By accessing BhaskarLive.in, you agree to these Terms. This site provides news and information for personal, non-commercial use only. All content is copyrighted; reproduction requires written permission. You must not post unlawful, defamatory, or infringing material. We disclaim all warranties; content is provided "as is" without guarantees of accuracy. BhaskarLive.in is not liable for any damages from use. These Terms are governed by Madhya Pradesh law. We may update them anytime—continued use implies acceptance. Contact: bhaskarlive2019@gmail.com.

Disclaimer

This news is automatically published via auto feeds. No changes or modifications (editing) of any kind have been made to this news by the bhaskarlive.in team. The entire responsibility for this news and the materials used in it lies solely with the news agency. Before using the information provided in this news, please consult experts in the relevant field (lawyer / engineer / astrologer / vastu expert / doctor / news agency / other subject experts). Therefore, bhaskarlive.in news portal bears no responsibility for the related news and the text matter, photos, videos, and audio used.

Advertise with us

Email: bhaskarlive2019@gmail.com
Mobile: +91 - 9770324452
WhatsApp: +91 - 9424358037

Contact us

Bhaskar Prakashan Pvt. Ltd.
Email: bhaskarlive2019@gmail.com
Mobile: +91 - 9770324452
WhatsApp: +91 - 9424358037
Address: Bishambhar Bhavan, 18, Civic Centre, Jabalpur- 482002, Madhya Pradesh, India - 482004
Copyright 2026 — Bhaskar Live. All rights reserved.
richard casino login
Winomania Casino website
casino avantgarde