Skip to content
-
Subscribe to our newsletter & never miss our best posts. Subscribe Now!
  • Facebook
  • Twitter / X
  • Instagram
  • Youtube
BhaskarLive.in Bhaskar Live

Bhaskar English News

BhaskarLive.in Bhaskar Live

Bhaskar English News

  • TOP NEWS
  • NATIONAL
  • WORLD
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • BUSINESS
  • SCIENCE
  • HEALTH
  • SPORTS
  • TOP NEWS
  • NATIONAL
  • WORLD
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • BUSINESS
  • SCIENCE
  • HEALTH
  • SPORTS
Subscribe
Close

Search

EDUCATION

Three children die in 48 hours as cerebral malaria cases surge in Jharkhand’s East Singhbhum

By IANS
June 28, 2026 2 Min Read

Jamshedpur, June 28 (IANS) At least three children have died in the last 48 hours in the Potka block of the East Singhbhum district of Jharkhand due to Cerebral (brain) malaria, officials said on Sunday.

This has created a serious health crisis in the region prompting the authorities to launch a mass scale survey.

Fresh cases are still emerging from affected villages, while more than 20 patients — many of them children — have been admitted to the Mahatma Gandhi Memorial (MGM) Medical College and Hospital in Jamshedpur. Several of them are said to be in critical condition.

In view of the severity of the outbreak, the health department has intensified surveillance, large-scale screening, and medical intervention across nine villages in Potka.

District Surveillance Officer Dr Asad said that with the onset of the monsoon, an unexpected spike in malaria and cerebral malaria cases has been reported across these villages. He also confirmed fatalities among children.

The deceased have been identified as Lakhkhi Sardar, a Class VII student of PM Shri Kasturba Gandhi Residential School; Rahul Sardar (8) from Daudrodia village; and Subola Sardar (8) from Kandar village.

Meanwhile, Subola’s one-year-old sister, Khushboo Sardar, has also contracted the infection and is currently on ventilator support in the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) at MGM Hospital.

During intensive screening drives, over 14 new cases have been detected, including three students from the Kasturba Gandhi school and a nine-month-old infant from the Sabar tribal community.

Health teams have so far screened over 600 residents in the affected areas through special medical camps.

Amid the crisis, the administration has sealed a private clinic in Potka following allegations of negligence in the treatment of Lakhkhi Sardar.

Investigations have revealed that despite clear symptoms of cerebral malaria, proper treatment was not administered. A show-cause notice has also been issued to the clinic operator.

A high-level team from the health department inspected the Potka Community Health Centre and expressed concern over inadequate resources. Instructions have been issued to ensure the immediate availability of additional spray pumps, rapid diagnostic test (RDT) kits, and essential life-saving medicines.

The department has launched a mass fever survey, door-to-door screening, and mosquito-borne disease control measures across the affected regions.

Medical officials have urged residents not to ignore symptoms such as high fever, chills, headache, vomiting, unconsciousness, or seizures, and to seek immediate medical attention.

The health officials have advised people to use mosquito nets regularly, wear full-sleeved clothing, and prevent water stagnation around the places they live.

–IANS

snc/skp

Tags:

NEWS
Author

IANS

Follow Me
Other Articles
Previous

India’s achievements in security, Atmanirbharta fill us with immense pride, says PM Modi

Next

India-US trade deal, oil prices and geopolitical tensions to guide D-Street next week

Search

News Categories

  • 3
  • BUSINESS
  • EDUCATION
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • FINANCE
  • HEALTH AND MEDICINE
  • INTERNATIONAL
  • NATIONAL
  • public
  • SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
  • SPORTS
  • TOP NEWS

About us

Bhaskar Live (bhaskarlive.in) is an English-language digital news portal that provides real-time coverage of national and international news, focusing on India-centric stories with a mix of original reporting and syndicated content. Launched in 2016, it serves as the English arm of the Dainik Bhaskar Group, one of India's largest media conglomerates known primarily for its Hindi-language newspaper, Dainik Bhaskar. The site is owned by Bhaskar Prakashan Pvt. Ltd.,

Terms of use

By accessing BhaskarLive.in, you agree to these Terms. This site provides news and information for personal, non-commercial use only. All content is copyrighted; reproduction requires written permission. You must not post unlawful, defamatory, or infringing material. We disclaim all warranties; content is provided "as is" without guarantees of accuracy. BhaskarLive.in is not liable for any damages from use. These Terms are governed by Madhya Pradesh law. We may update them anytime—continued use implies acceptance. Contact: bhaskarlive2019@gmail.com.

Disclaimer

This news is automatically published via auto feeds. No changes or modifications (editing) of any kind have been made to this news by the bhaskarlive.in team. The entire responsibility for this news and the materials used in it lies solely with the news agency. Before using the information provided in this news, please consult experts in the relevant field (lawyer / engineer / astrologer / vastu expert / doctor / news agency / other subject experts). Therefore, bhaskarlive.in news portal bears no responsibility for the related news and the text matter, photos, videos, and audio used.

Advertise with us

Email: bhaskarlive2019@gmail.com
Mobile: +91 - 9770324452
WhatsApp: +91 - 9424358037

Contact us

Bhaskar Prakashan Pvt. Ltd.
Email: bhaskarlive2019@gmail.com
Mobile: +91 - 9770324452
WhatsApp: +91 - 9424358037
Address: Bishambhar Bhavan, 18, Civic Centre, Jabalpur- 482002, Madhya Pradesh, India - 482004
Copyright 2026 — Bhaskar Live. All rights reserved.
richard casino login
Winomania Casino website
casino avantgarde