Skip to content
-
Subscribe to our newsletter & never miss our best posts. Subscribe Now!
  • Facebook
  • Twitter / X
  • Instagram
  • Youtube
BhaskarLive.in Bhaskar Live

Bhaskar English News

BhaskarLive.in Bhaskar Live

Bhaskar English News

  • TOP NEWS
  • NATIONAL
  • WORLD
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • BUSINESS
  • SCIENCE
  • HEALTH
  • SPORTS
  • TOP NEWS
  • NATIONAL
  • WORLD
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • BUSINESS
  • SCIENCE
  • HEALTH
  • SPORTS
Subscribe
Close

Search

EDUCATION

US strikes Iran after Hormuz attack

By IANS
June 27, 2026 3 Min Read

Washington, June 27 (IANS) The United States launched airstrikes on Iranian military targets after Tehran attacked a Singapore-flagged commercial cargo ship in the Strait of Hormuz, marking Washington’s first direct military response since the two countries agreed to a ceasefire earlier this week.

US Central Command (CENTCOM) said the strikes targeted Iranian missile and drone storage sites as well as coastal radar installations after Iran hit the M/V Ever Lovely with a one-way attack drone on June 25. The vessel was exiting the Strait of Hormuz along the Omani coast when it was attacked.

“CENTCOM forces conducted strikes against Iran, June 26, as a powerful response to yesterday’s attack on a commercial ship that was transiting the Strait of Hormuz,” the command said in a statement.

It said US aircraft struck “Iranian missile and drone storage locations and coastal radar sites after Iran hit M/V Ever Lovely on June 25 with a one-way attack drone.”

CENTCOM said the attack on the merchant vessel “clearly violated the ceasefire.”

“The unwarranted aggression against commercial shipping by Iranian forces clearly violated the ceasefire. Furthermore, Iran’s dangerous behaviour undermined freedom of navigation as commerce increasingly flows through the vital international trade corridor,” it said.

The military said it would continue protecting commercial shipping through the strategic waterway.

“CENTCOM forces continue to provide safe passage coordination and support to commercial vessels transiting the strait. The U.S. military remains present and vigilant to ensure all aspects of the agreement with Iran are adhered to, obeyed, and in full force and effect.”

Hours before the operation, President Donald Trump criticised Iran’s attack on the cargo vessel.

“I don’t like the fact that they took a shot yesterday,” Trump told reporters in the Oval Office. “They shouldn’t be doing that. You’ll find out.”

Earlier, Trump wrote on social media that Iran had launched four one-way attack drones at ships transiting the Strait of Hormuz. He said US forces intercepted three of them, while the fourth struck the cargo ship.

“Obviously, this is a foolish violation of our Ceasefire Agreement,” he wrote.

Iran did not immediately acknowledge responsibility for the attack on the vessel. However, according to The Wall Street Journal, citing Iranian state media, projectiles struck a telecommunications tower in Sirik, a port overlooking the Strait of Hormuz, after the US retaliation.

The newspaper reported that Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps warned that “any new folly will be met with a strong response that will shatter the illusions of the aggressors in the region.”

According to The Washington Post, Iran’s Revolutionary Guard also claimed it had thwarted part of the US operation and forced American forces to retreat, although there was no immediate confirmation from the US military.

The New York Times reported that the US strikes lasted about 90 minutes and were intended as a retaliatory measure rather than a resumption of major combat operations, citing US officials familiar with the operation.

The latest exchange comes only days after Washington and Tehran agreed to halt hostilities following weeks of military confrontation.

The ceasefire framework called for an end to military operations and the reopening of the Strait of Hormuz while both sides begin negotiations on Iran’s nuclear programme and other outstanding issues. Friday’s attack on the Ever Lovely and the subsequent US retaliation now raise fresh questions over the durability of that fragile agreement.

–IANS

lkj/rs

Tags:

NEWS
Author

IANS

Follow Me
Other Articles
Previous

Sharon Stone speaks up about ‘relief’ she felt when abusive grandfather died

Next

US Congress clash over China loyalty

Search

News Categories

  • BUSINESS
  • EDUCATION
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • FINANCE
  • HEALTH AND MEDICINE
  • INTERNATIONAL
  • NATIONAL
  • SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
  • SPORTS
  • TOP NEWS

About us

Bhaskar Live (bhaskarlive.in) is an English-language digital news portal that provides real-time coverage of national and international news, focusing on India-centric stories with a mix of original reporting and syndicated content. Launched in 2016, it serves as the English arm of the Dainik Bhaskar Group, one of India's largest media conglomerates known primarily for its Hindi-language newspaper, Dainik Bhaskar. The site is owned by Bhaskar Prakashan Pvt. Ltd.,

Terms of use

By accessing BhaskarLive.in, you agree to these Terms. This site provides news and information for personal, non-commercial use only. All content is copyrighted; reproduction requires written permission. You must not post unlawful, defamatory, or infringing material. We disclaim all warranties; content is provided "as is" without guarantees of accuracy. BhaskarLive.in is not liable for any damages from use. These Terms are governed by Madhya Pradesh law. We may update them anytime—continued use implies acceptance. Contact: bhaskarlive2019@gmail.com.

Disclaimer

This news is automatically published via auto feeds. No changes or modifications (editing) of any kind have been made to this news by the bhaskarlive.in team. The entire responsibility for this news and the materials used in it lies solely with the news agency. Before using the information provided in this news, please consult experts in the relevant field (lawyer / engineer / astrologer / vastu expert / doctor / news agency / other subject experts). Therefore, bhaskarlive.in news portal bears no responsibility for the related news and the text matter, photos, videos, and audio used.

Advertise with us

Email: bhaskarlive2019@gmail.com
Mobile: +91 - 9770324452
WhatsApp: +91 - 9424358037

Contact us

Bhaskar Prakashan Pvt. Ltd.
Email: bhaskarlive2019@gmail.com
Mobile: +91 - 9770324452
WhatsApp: +91 - 9424358037
Address: Bishambhar Bhavan, 18, Civic Centre, Jabalpur- 482002, Madhya Pradesh, India - 482004
Copyright 2026 — Bhaskar Live. All rights reserved.
richard casino login
Winomania Casino website
casino avantgarde