Skip to content
-
Subscribe to our newsletter & never miss our best posts. Subscribe Now!
  • Facebook
  • Twitter / X
  • Instagram
  • Youtube
BhaskarLive.in Bhaskar Live

Bhaskar English News

BhaskarLive.in Bhaskar Live

Bhaskar English News

  • TOP NEWS
  • NATIONAL
  • WORLD
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • BUSINESS
  • SCIENCE
  • HEALTH
  • SPORTS
  • TOP NEWS
  • NATIONAL
  • WORLD
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • BUSINESS
  • SCIENCE
  • HEALTH
  • SPORTS
Subscribe
Close

Search

EDUCATION

Trump accuses Iran of violating ceasefire with drone attack in Hormuz

By IANS
June 26, 2026 2 Min Read

Washington, June 26 (IANS) US President Donald Trump on Friday said Iran violated the ceasefire agreement between the two sides by launching at least four one-way attack drones at commercial ships transiting the Strait of Hormuz.

“One of the drones solidly hit the upper deck of a large and very expensive cargo-carrying ship,” Trump wrote in a post on Truth Social.

“Damage was done, but the ship was able to proceed on its way,” he said. “We knocked down three other drones.”

Trump said the drone attack “obviously” violated the newly signed US-Iran ceasefire agreement, which was brokered through international mediators earlier this year. He did not name the ship or specify when the strike occurred.

However, the British military said Thursday that a vessel had been hit by a projectile off the coast of Oman. The International Maritime Organization, a UN agency, said Thursday in a statement that it had suspended efforts to evacuate ships stranded in the crucial global energy waterway in the wake of the drone attack.

The Strait of Hormuz, a narrow passage between the Gulf of Oman and the Persian Gulf, is one of the world’s most critical oil transit chokepoints. Nearly 30 per cent of the world’s seaborne oil passes through the strait, making any disruption a matter of global economic concern.

The US and Iran had reached a ceasefire agreement earlier this year following months of heightened tensions in the region. The deal was intended to de-escalate military activities and ensure the safe passage of commercial vessels through international waters.

Trump’s accusation comes amid increasing international scrutiny of Iran’s naval activities in the Gulf region. The US has maintained a significant military presence in the area, with naval vessels and aircraft conducting regular patrols.

There has been no immediate response from Iranian officials to Trump’s accusation. The US State Department has not issued a formal statement on the matter.

–IANS

ksk/dan

Tags:

NEWS
Author

IANS

Follow Me
Other Articles
Previous

Cloud bill targets China AI loophole

Next

Poland: 5 injured in multi-vehicle collision

Search

News Categories

  • BUSINESS
  • EDUCATION
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • FINANCE
  • HEALTH AND MEDICINE
  • INTERNATIONAL
  • NATIONAL
  • SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
  • SPORTS
  • TOP NEWS

About us

Bhaskar Live (bhaskarlive.in) is an English-language digital news portal that provides real-time coverage of national and international news, focusing on India-centric stories with a mix of original reporting and syndicated content. Launched in 2016, it serves as the English arm of the Dainik Bhaskar Group, one of India's largest media conglomerates known primarily for its Hindi-language newspaper, Dainik Bhaskar. The site is owned by Bhaskar Prakashan Pvt. Ltd.,

Terms of use

By accessing BhaskarLive.in, you agree to these Terms. This site provides news and information for personal, non-commercial use only. All content is copyrighted; reproduction requires written permission. You must not post unlawful, defamatory, or infringing material. We disclaim all warranties; content is provided "as is" without guarantees of accuracy. BhaskarLive.in is not liable for any damages from use. These Terms are governed by Madhya Pradesh law. We may update them anytime—continued use implies acceptance. Contact: bhaskarlive2019@gmail.com.

Disclaimer

This news is automatically published via auto feeds. No changes or modifications (editing) of any kind have been made to this news by the bhaskarlive.in team. The entire responsibility for this news and the materials used in it lies solely with the news agency. Before using the information provided in this news, please consult experts in the relevant field (lawyer / engineer / astrologer / vastu expert / doctor / news agency / other subject experts). Therefore, bhaskarlive.in news portal bears no responsibility for the related news and the text matter, photos, videos, and audio used.

Advertise with us

Email: bhaskarlive2019@gmail.com
Mobile: +91 - 9770324452
WhatsApp: +91 - 9424358037

Contact us

Bhaskar Prakashan Pvt. Ltd.
Email: bhaskarlive2019@gmail.com
Mobile: +91 - 9770324452
WhatsApp: +91 - 9424358037
Address: Bishambhar Bhavan, 18, Civic Centre, Jabalpur- 482002, Madhya Pradesh, India - 482004
Copyright 2026 — Bhaskar Live. All rights reserved.
richard casino login
Winomania Casino website
casino avantgarde