Skip to content
-
Subscribe to our newsletter & never miss our best posts. Subscribe Now!
  • Facebook
  • Twitter / X
  • Instagram
  • Youtube
BhaskarLive.in Bhaskar Live

Bhaskar English News

BhaskarLive.in Bhaskar Live

Bhaskar English News

  • TOP NEWS
  • NATIONAL
  • WORLD
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • BUSINESS
  • SCIENCE
  • HEALTH
  • SPORTS
  • TOP NEWS
  • NATIONAL
  • WORLD
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • BUSINESS
  • SCIENCE
  • HEALTH
  • SPORTS
Subscribe
Close

Search

EDUCATION

2,500 seafarers evacuated from Strait of Hormuz since June 23: IMO

By IANS
June 26, 2026 2 Min Read

London, June 26 (IANS) Nearly 2,500 seafarers aboard 115 vessels have been evacuated from the Strait of Hormuz since the International Maritime Organisation (IMO) launched an evacuation operation for stranded seafarers earlier this week, IMO Secretary-General Arsenio Dominguez said on Friday.

Speaking at an online press conference, Dominguez said the preliminary figures covered the first three-and-a-half days of the evacuation operation.

The IMO on Tuesday announced the evacuation framework, recommending the use of a northern route communicated by Iran and a southern route communicated by Oman, Xinhua news agency reported.

On Thursday, however, the UN maritime body suspended the evacuation after a vessel was attacked in the Gulf of Oman, saying it needed to further assess whether the security guarantees underpinning the operation remained in place.

Shipping data showed that some vessels continued to transit the Strait of Hormuz after the suspension of the IMO operation.

Responding to a question from Xinhua, Dominguez said Iran was still maintaining operations on the northern route, while the United States continued to assist shipping on the southern route.

“What is important for the vessels is to carry out the risk assessment before they make any final decision,” he said, urging shipowners and operators to carefully assess the risks.

He added that the IMO would only resume the evacuation operation once it had sufficient assurances that commercial vessels would not come under attack.

Iran’s Deputy Foreign Minister Kazem Gharibabadi on Friday underlined his country’s position on maritime navigation rules and transit arrangements in the Strait of Hormuz.

“Safe passage through the Strait of Hormuz under vague arrangements, parallel routes, or decision-making outside Iran’s considerations as the coastal state is not guaranteed,” Gharibabadi wrote on X.

“Any valid framework must be based on coordination with Iran and the provisions of Paragraph 5 of the Islamabad memorandum of understanding. Otherwise, the result will be the suspension of the designated parallel route,” he added.

–IANS

ksk/khz

Tags:

NEWS
Author

IANS

Follow Me
Other Articles
Previous

Uber’s Prabhjeet Singh to join OpenAI as Managing Director for India operations

Next

Cloud bill targets China AI loophole

Search

News Categories

  • BUSINESS
  • EDUCATION
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • FINANCE
  • HEALTH AND MEDICINE
  • INTERNATIONAL
  • NATIONAL
  • SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
  • SPORTS
  • TOP NEWS

About us

Bhaskar Live (bhaskarlive.in) is an English-language digital news portal that provides real-time coverage of national and international news, focusing on India-centric stories with a mix of original reporting and syndicated content. Launched in 2016, it serves as the English arm of the Dainik Bhaskar Group, one of India's largest media conglomerates known primarily for its Hindi-language newspaper, Dainik Bhaskar. The site is owned by Bhaskar Prakashan Pvt. Ltd.,

Terms of use

By accessing BhaskarLive.in, you agree to these Terms. This site provides news and information for personal, non-commercial use only. All content is copyrighted; reproduction requires written permission. You must not post unlawful, defamatory, or infringing material. We disclaim all warranties; content is provided "as is" without guarantees of accuracy. BhaskarLive.in is not liable for any damages from use. These Terms are governed by Madhya Pradesh law. We may update them anytime—continued use implies acceptance. Contact: bhaskarlive2019@gmail.com.

Disclaimer

This news is automatically published via auto feeds. No changes or modifications (editing) of any kind have been made to this news by the bhaskarlive.in team. The entire responsibility for this news and the materials used in it lies solely with the news agency. Before using the information provided in this news, please consult experts in the relevant field (lawyer / engineer / astrologer / vastu expert / doctor / news agency / other subject experts). Therefore, bhaskarlive.in news portal bears no responsibility for the related news and the text matter, photos, videos, and audio used.

Advertise with us

Email: bhaskarlive2019@gmail.com
Mobile: +91 - 9770324452
WhatsApp: +91 - 9424358037

Contact us

Bhaskar Prakashan Pvt. Ltd.
Email: bhaskarlive2019@gmail.com
Mobile: +91 - 9770324452
WhatsApp: +91 - 9424358037
Address: Bishambhar Bhavan, 18, Civic Centre, Jabalpur- 482002, Madhya Pradesh, India - 482004
Copyright 2026 — Bhaskar Live. All rights reserved.
richard casino login
Winomania Casino website
casino avantgarde