Skip to content
-
Subscribe to our newsletter & never miss our best posts. Subscribe Now!
  • Facebook
  • Twitter / X
  • Instagram
  • Youtube
BhaskarLive.in Bhaskar Live

Bhaskar English News

BhaskarLive.in Bhaskar Live

Bhaskar English News

  • TOP NEWS
  • NATIONAL
  • WORLD
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • BUSINESS
  • SCIENCE
  • HEALTH
  • SPORTS
  • TOP NEWS
  • NATIONAL
  • WORLD
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • BUSINESS
  • SCIENCE
  • HEALTH
  • SPORTS
Subscribe
Close

Search

EDUCATION

South Sudan urges removal of Ebola-related travel restrictions

By IANS
June 26, 2026 2 Min Read

Juba, June 26 (IANS) South Sudan on Friday urged foreign governments to lift Ebola-related travel and visa restrictions imposed on its citizens, saying the measures are affecting those who need to travel abroad for medical treatment and education.

“There is no Ebola here. No one is dying here. But people are now dying because they are unable to travel abroad for medical treatment,” Francis Oromo, undersecretary in the Ministry of Health, told a joint press conference with the World Health Organisation (WHO) in Juba, the capital of South Sudan.

According to Oromo, South Sudan activated its emergency response plan immediately after outbreaks were reported in neighbouring countries by deploying response teams to high-risk states, strengthening surveillance, and expanding isolation capacity, Xinhua news agency reported.

The ministry noted that all seven suspected Ebola cases identified nationwide, including four in Juba, tested negative.

As South Sudan remains at risk due to cross-border movement and its proximity to affected areas, health authorities are collaborating with neighbouring countries, regional health bodies, and international partners to share information and strengthen disease surveillance.

Humphrey Karamagi, WHO representative in South Sudan, reaffirmed that the country remains Ebola-free, saying the detection and investigation of suspected cases demonstrate that the national surveillance system is functioning effectively.

“From a scientific point of view, WHO does not recommend border closures or travel restrictions,” Karamagi added.

Meanwhile, the Africa Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (Africa CDC) has appealed for 1.4 billion U.S. dollars to finance Ebola outbreak response efforts, as the number of confirmed cases in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) and Uganda surpassed 1,130.

During an online press briefing on Thursday evening, Africa CDC Director General Jean Kaseya said that a total of 1,138 confirmed Bundibugyo Ebola cases and 293 deaths have been recorded across the DRC and Uganda, representing a case fatality rate of about 25.75 per cent, including 20 confirmed cases and two deaths in Uganda. A total of 136 patients have recovered from the viral disease so far.

–IANS

ksk/dan

Tags:

NEWS
Author

IANS

Follow Me
Other Articles
Previous

1st T20i: ‘To beat world champions at home is pretty special,’ says Tucker after Ireland’s historic win

Next

FIFA WC: England need to answer questions in attack as win needed to assure Group L top spot

Search

News Categories

  • BUSINESS
  • EDUCATION
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • FINANCE
  • HEALTH AND MEDICINE
  • INTERNATIONAL
  • NATIONAL
  • SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
  • SPORTS
  • TOP NEWS

About us

Bhaskar Live (bhaskarlive.in) is an English-language digital news portal that provides real-time coverage of national and international news, focusing on India-centric stories with a mix of original reporting and syndicated content. Launched in 2016, it serves as the English arm of the Dainik Bhaskar Group, one of India's largest media conglomerates known primarily for its Hindi-language newspaper, Dainik Bhaskar. The site is owned by Bhaskar Prakashan Pvt. Ltd.,

Terms of use

By accessing BhaskarLive.in, you agree to these Terms. This site provides news and information for personal, non-commercial use only. All content is copyrighted; reproduction requires written permission. You must not post unlawful, defamatory, or infringing material. We disclaim all warranties; content is provided "as is" without guarantees of accuracy. BhaskarLive.in is not liable for any damages from use. These Terms are governed by Madhya Pradesh law. We may update them anytime—continued use implies acceptance. Contact: bhaskarlive2019@gmail.com.

Disclaimer

This news is automatically published via auto feeds. No changes or modifications (editing) of any kind have been made to this news by the bhaskarlive.in team. The entire responsibility for this news and the materials used in it lies solely with the news agency. Before using the information provided in this news, please consult experts in the relevant field (lawyer / engineer / astrologer / vastu expert / doctor / news agency / other subject experts). Therefore, bhaskarlive.in news portal bears no responsibility for the related news and the text matter, photos, videos, and audio used.

Advertise with us

Email: bhaskarlive2019@gmail.com
Mobile: +91 - 9770324452
WhatsApp: +91 - 9424358037

Contact us

Bhaskar Prakashan Pvt. Ltd.
Email: bhaskarlive2019@gmail.com
Mobile: +91 - 9770324452
WhatsApp: +91 - 9424358037
Address: Bishambhar Bhavan, 18, Civic Centre, Jabalpur- 482002, Madhya Pradesh, India - 482004
Copyright 2026 — Bhaskar Live. All rights reserved.
richard casino login
Winomania Casino website
casino avantgarde