Skip to content
-
Subscribe to our newsletter & never miss our best posts. Subscribe Now!
  • Facebook
  • Twitter / X
  • Instagram
  • Youtube
BhaskarLive.in Bhaskar Live

Bhaskar English News

BhaskarLive.in Bhaskar Live

Bhaskar English News

  • TOP NEWS
  • NATIONAL
  • WORLD
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • BUSINESS
  • SCIENCE
  • HEALTH
  • SPORTS
  • TOP NEWS
  • NATIONAL
  • WORLD
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • BUSINESS
  • SCIENCE
  • HEALTH
  • SPORTS
Subscribe
Close

Search

EDUCATION

Congress moves SC over Meenakshi Natarajan’s RS nomination rejection

By IANS
June 11, 2026 2 Min Read

New Delhi, June 11 (IANS) Congress has approached the Supreme Court to contest the dismissal of its Rajya Sabha candidate Meenakshi Natarajan’s nomination from Madhya Pradesh and is expected to bring the issue up early in the morning for an urgent hearing before the court’s vacation bench on Thursday.

This legal action follows the Returning Officer’s rejection of Natarajan’s nomination papers due to objections raised by the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP). The ruling party claimed that the Congress leader did not provide information about a legal case in Telangana in the affidavit that accompanied her nomination papers.

According to the objection filed against Natarajan’s nomination, former corporate executive A. Srilatha has petitioned the Fourth Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate’s Court, alleging that Natarajan provided political patronage to Kumbham Shivakumar Reddy, against whom Srilatha has levelled serious allegations, including molestation and death threats.

Natarajan, however, has dismissed the allegations as a “political conspiracy” and opposed Srilatha’s petition before a Hyderabad court, claiming that it was an attempt to malign her reputation.

Earlier on Wednesday, Natarajan alleged that the Returning Officers (ROs) were “compromised” and acting on the behest of the government.

Natarajan was the Congress’ lone Rajya Sabha candidate from Madhya Pradesh, but her nomination papers were cancelled after the BJP raised a major objection against her, alleging that she had concealed information about a case pending in a Telangana court.

Talking to IANS, Natarajan said: “We are in a battlefield where Congress leaders are not only fighting against an opposition party. Unfortunately, the institutions that our constitutional forefathers created are now being disrespected, and they appear to be influenced in a way that makes us feel we are also fighting against them.”

“How can one not know how to fill a form? There is nothing legal or technical in this. This is just a political malintent which we saw at every step yesterday, how efforts were being made to subvert democracy,” she said.

Launching a harsh critique against the BJP-led Central government, she said: “I will say this with full responsibility that the returning officers yesterday were compromised. They were working as spokespersons and as the frontal organisation heads of the current government.”

–IANS

sd/

Tags:

NEWS
Author

IANS

Follow Me
Other Articles
Previous

US, Japan reaffirm commitment to North Korea’s ‘complete denuclearisation’

Next

US Republican lawmaker McCaul pushes Tibet amendment on Dalai Lama

Search

News Categories

  • BUSINESS
  • EDUCATION
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • FINANCE
  • HEALTH AND MEDICINE
  • INTERNATIONAL
  • NATIONAL
  • SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
  • SPORTS
  • TOP NEWS

About us

Bhaskar Live (bhaskarlive.in) is an English-language digital news portal that provides real-time coverage of national and international news, focusing on India-centric stories with a mix of original reporting and syndicated content. Launched in 2016, it serves as the English arm of the Dainik Bhaskar Group, one of India's largest media conglomerates known primarily for its Hindi-language newspaper, Dainik Bhaskar. The site is owned by Bhaskar Prakashan Pvt. Ltd.,

Terms of use

By accessing BhaskarLive.in, you agree to these Terms. This site provides news and information for personal, non-commercial use only. All content is copyrighted; reproduction requires written permission. You must not post unlawful, defamatory, or infringing material. We disclaim all warranties; content is provided "as is" without guarantees of accuracy. BhaskarLive.in is not liable for any damages from use. These Terms are governed by Madhya Pradesh law. We may update them anytime—continued use implies acceptance. Contact: bhaskarlive2019@gmail.com.

Disclaimer

This news is automatically published via auto feeds. No changes or modifications (editing) of any kind have been made to this news by the bhaskarlive.in team. The entire responsibility for this news and the materials used in it lies solely with the news agency. Before using the information provided in this news, please consult experts in the relevant field (lawyer / engineer / astrologer / vastu expert / doctor / news agency / other subject experts). Therefore, bhaskarlive.in news portal bears no responsibility for the related news and the text matter, photos, videos, and audio used.

Advertise with us

Email: bhaskarlive2019@gmail.com
Mobile: +91 - 9770324452
WhatsApp: +91 - 9424358037

Contact us

Bhaskar Prakashan Pvt. Ltd.
Email: bhaskarlive2019@gmail.com
Mobile: +91 - 9770324452
WhatsApp: +91 - 9424358037
Address: Bishambhar Bhavan, 18, Civic Centre, Jabalpur- 482002, Madhya Pradesh, India - 482004
Copyright 2026 — Bhaskar Live. All rights reserved.
richard casino login
Winomania Casino website
casino avantgarde